Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Glidden Paint - for new build

• 10-02-2009 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

hi all,
    just a quick question. anybody heard of how good "glidden pain" is for a new build. its made by dulux but its alot cheaper. there is a good deal going at the moment (10 liters for 12.46 + vat),however i dont want to use it if its not suitable for a new build.

any comments would be most welcome

Cheers
    Sharon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You might find better responses if you post this thread here.

Hope this helps

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Most of the painting contractors on sites use it for new houses , it needs 2 coats on a fresh plaster wall. If the trades are using it it cannot be bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Lynch32

thanks bertie, bought a stack of it today ;). when u mean 2 coats, do u mean 2 inital white coats and then the usual 2 coats of the normal coloured paint. We were planning 3 coats in total, 1 of the white finish and then 2 of the coloured stuff.Or do u mean we should put 2 white coats initally and then 2 of the colourd coats i.e. 4 coats in total.
    Thanks
    S

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

I am not a painter , but I used it to paint a new housse recently I gave the ceilings 2 coats of white & the wall 2 coats of magnolia & they look fine .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jorus

Lynch32 wrote: »
    hi all,
    just a quick question. anybody heard of how good "glidden pain" is for a new build. its made by dulux but its alot cheaper. there is a good deal going at the moment (10 liters for 12.46 + vat),however i dont want to use it if its not suitable for a new build.

any comments would be most welcome

Cheers
    Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I am pricing around for paint at the mo - where are you getting a price for Glidden for €12.46 + vat.
    Prices I am getting are nearly €30 for the same.

Any idea's how much paint we will need for 3000 sq ft house new build?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Lynch32

Jorus wrote: »
    Hi Sharon,

I am pricing around for paint at the mo - where are you getting a price for Glidden for €12.46 + vat.
    Prices I am getting are nearly €30 for the same.

Any idea's how much paint we will need for 3000 sq ft house new build?

Thanks

Hey Jorus,
    it was acutally £12.46 + vat. Got it in derry (me just down the road in donegal). It is a special offer and only relates to the white paint. let me know if you want the shop name. we bought 150 liters (4200 sq ft house). no idea if this will do the inital first coat of the house, hopefuly it will. i'd imagine 100 liters would do you, although best to ask a painter. Its a good price, especially the way sterling is at the moment. However if you live far
    away its no use to you i guess.
    Cheers
    S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Talking about paint Lynch32 and completely off topic (its OK for a mod to post OT ;))are you still within budget with your build?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭bigbru

Hi Sharon,
    Could you PM me the name of the shop in Derry where you bought the paint please?

Cheers
    BigBru

Advertisement