Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping Out

Options
  • 10-02-2009 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

How do i go about it?? cheers for advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Search the UCD forum for "dropping out", I'm pretty sure there's a few of these topics every month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Horno wrote: »
    How do i go about it?? cheers for advice!

What Dept are you in, you have to get the form (available in Tierney building) and just fill it out and bring it to your student advisor, but be warned, they will do everything in their power to make you stay. Not out of being nasty but just to make sure its the right thing for you to do. It means though that it takes a few days to leave.

Good luck in your decision.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Zounds

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    What Dept are you in, you have to get the form (available in Tierney building) and just fill it out and bring it to your student advisor, but be warned, they will do everything in their power to make you stay. Not out of being nasty but just to make sure its the right thing for you to do. It means though that it takes a few days to leave.

Alternatively, you can just stop showing up.

Maybe we should have a dropping out sticky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Contact the programme office

They'll sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just stop showing up. They'll cop on eventually.

• Advertisement

DO NOT just stop showing up, if you decide to go back to college they will charge you a fortune, go through the right channels(though they are annoying) and do it right, otherwise you cant claim any dole/stamps because your still registered as in college and also no one will notice your gone until they exam results are corrected in the summer.

The college population is about 20,000, do you honestly think your lecturers are going to notice you are gone!

Dont waste anyones time, especially your own:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

DO NOT just stop showing up, if you decide to go back to college they will charge you a fortune, go through the right channels(though they are annoying) and do it right, otherwise you cant claim any dole/stamps because your still registered as in college and also no one will notice your gone until they exam results are corrected in the summer.

The college population is about 20,000, do you honestly think your lecturers are going to notice you are gone!

Dont waste anyones time, especially your own:)

Haha....drop out of education, go straight to the dole cue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭speaktofrank

The OP could have a multitude of reasons for dropping out and you come out with an ignorant statement like that?
    P.S It's spelt queue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

Is that like a snooker cue?
    roc36.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Really? I walked up to a desk and said "I'd like to drop out please". I wrote my name, my course and signed and that was it. Done and dusted. Considering the effort involved in getting to college I was a bit disappointed that leaving was that easy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

talk to your student union about it , they'll give you all the info you need

Monkey61 wrote: »
    Really? I walked up to a desk and said "I'd like to drop out please". I wrote my name, my course and signed and that was it. Done and dusted. Considering the effort involved in getting to college I was a bit disappointed that leaving was that easy!

Well when my Bf was leaving they were doing everything to make him stay:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

33% God wrote: »
    Is that like a snooker cue?
    roc36.JPG
    yes,yes it is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

more information please. I'm fascinated

pathway33 wrote: »
    more information please. I'm fascinated

Haha. ok not EVERYTHING:):D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Hmmph...they really must have hated me...

Advertisement