Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 are BACK!!!!!

• 10-02-2009 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

Big fan of metal here, and I know most people hate this band, but personally...they were one of the first bands I was into, and they do come out with some KICKASS stuff!!

They've just announced thaqt they're back
    http://www.blink182.com/

So happy they're back!! :)

But i'm definately happier that I just bought 3 Gojira tickets :):)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Oh jesus christ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Yes!!!

I love em, especially the older stuff. I wonder did the accident involving Travis make them realise lifes too short for sillly arguments etc?

Either way - :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Trevor O

Den_M wrote: »
    Yes!!!

I love em, especially the older stuff. I wonder did the accident involving Travis make them realise lifes too short for sillly arguments etc?

Either way - :pac:

I'd say Tom DeLonge's bank account made him realize life's too short for sillly arguments!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Agreed, side projects never worked, there probably looking to make some money...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

They all began talking again because of travis' accident alright.

And angels and airwaves are still together apparently, 2 or 3 songs into their newest album.

Travis wont have his arm out of a sling for another 2months at least so presumably it'll only be then they start thinking about touring/writing stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Say it ain't so I will not go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Pft, sh*t, i nearly died in a plane crash, better get the band back together to pay the medical bills!!

Sucked before, will suck again, enough said.
    But hey, American Pie 5 or 6 might need a soundtrack! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Pft, sh*t, i nearly died in a plane crash, better get the band back together to pay the medical bills!!

After what happened him, thankfully he will be able to play drums again. If they play here, or near, I'll go, mainly to see him, and hopefully here some stuff from Enema of the State-era stuff. Fun band, that actually have quite a few good songs(eg. Dumpweed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Blink 182 suck.Punk?????Yer havin a giraffe aint ya.They are on a par with McFly or Busted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Blink 182 suck.Punk?????Yer havin a giraffe aint ya.They are on a par with McFly or Busted.

Thanks for that, im so punkhxc too!

Its a thread about Blink182, no one cares wether they where talented, it was fun pop-punk music.......In fact NO-ONE mentioned punk until you came!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Fad wrote: »
    Thanks for that, im so punkhxc too!

Its a thread about Blink182, no one cares wether they where talented, it was fun pop-punk music.......In fact NO-ONE mentioned punk until you came!

Music fans dont care if musicians are talented.Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    :confused:

They have generally been marketed as a punk band,from their image to DeLonges lip curling a la Johnny Rotten.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

American pie 5 and 6 are already out!
    Welcome to 2009:p

American pie 5 and 6 are already out!
    Welcome to 2009:p

Sh*t, life is beginning to pass me by. Suppose you'll be telling me and 7 and 8 are too! :P

If not, i'm sure there's room for the obligatory Blink 182 song for the soundtrack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

They have generally been marketed as a punk band,from their image to DeLonges lip curling a la Johnny Rotten.

I didnt say musicians, I said "They" as in, if they were talented, they could write catchy songs yeah, and Travis was a pretty badass drummer, but Mark could barely play the bass, and I dunno about Tom.

I dont remember seeing anything REMOTELY like Johnny Rotten in anyone one of their ads. Sure if you go looking for something, you might see some VAGUE resemblance.

So punk innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Travis Barker is far more talented than the vast majority of 'true' punk drummers, and Tom Delonge can alternate pick while palm muting far faster than I can on guitar, and I've been playing for years.

Sh*t, life is beginning to pass me by. Suppose you'll be telling me and 7 and 8 are too! :P

If not, i'm sure there's room for the obligatory Blink 182 song for the soundtrack.

Theres a good chance that if 7 and 8 were out, that i would have included that in my previous comment!

And yeah there would be room on it for a blink song! They arent the type of movie id want to hear classical or opera music on like!

Blink are a light hearted band! Theres nothing wrong with bands that take the píss and write light hearted and fun music! Just like theres nothing wrong with movies that have a predictable plot but provide a few laughs!

I think most of us stopped using these words in the same sentence when a certain butter ad appeared on tv!

I think most of us stopped using these words in the same sentence when a certain butter ad appeared on tv!

Aw screw that, Lydon sold out about a decade or so before that, he admitted it.
    Public Image Limited? Collaboration with Leftfield, a Pistols reunion where they openly admitted that they were doing it for the money, and appearing in a video game (also admittedly for the money).

None of the above would fit in with "punk" mentality. And quite frankly, most people accepted that until Lydon did that "open letter" to Jann Wenner regarding their rejecting the invite to the HOF. Spending 15 years ignoring punk, only to try to act like it again for image sake was laughable on his part, despite the fact that he had a legitimate point regarding the HOF.

Sorry, i didn't mean to go off topic or to go on a rant, but i had to mention that while it was being brought up. Time for a sicko joke.

Why couldn't Barker have lost an arm in that crash? Imagine the drum-off he and Rick Allen could have had?! It would be priceless! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

GREAT NEWS well for me anyway :D

we just lost our claim to have witnessed the last ever blink show in 2004 :mad:

saw them on the grammys so that was a definate statement "we are back" i guess.

calex71 wrote: »
    saw them on the grammys so that was a definate statement "we are back" i guess.

Hey, didn't The Police say that (at the 2007 Grammys), and then split again after the tour was done? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hey, didn't The Police say that (at the 2007 Grammys), and then split again after the tour was done? ;)

touché

calex71 wrote: »
    touché

Ladies and gentlemen, the next victim of the Grammys jinx!, I present to you Blink 182! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Trevor O

Ah now I wouldn't blast them like! They're were good at what they did and had a few catchy songs. I wouldn't actually go to see them or anything though like!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

i just hope Tom gives up the whole preacher look! And maybe put back in some of his piercings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

gonna have to get the missus some tickets for this one when they come round again - she is more into them then I am - but having said that I would still love to see them...good to see they have decided to get back together

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I am really glad there back together. I really wanted to go to the gig in 2004 but(twas only 15 and had no lift back from dublin) and then found out it was there last gig :(. I wouldnt be suprised to see them tour then Tom goes back to Angels And Airwaves because apparently they have recorded a few tracks for the new album and then possibly goes back to Blink(after doing his stint wit AAA) and release a new album and so forth. I dont think Travis is a 100% percent i still think he is trying to get back to play drums like he use to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

All their songs sound the same. Should have stayed on hiatus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Ah come on now, they're brilliant. They're just a bunch of fun guys with a bunch of fun songs. Don't get why people hate certain types of music with such venom.. they just did their thing, had fun, got popular, had fun with that too. What's so wrong with that? Is it really any reason to hate them because they're not "punk" enough?

God's sake! :rolleyes:

I like blink 182. Not a diehard fan or anything but they're enjoyable and upbeat (for the most part) and the nostalgia factor is off the wall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Ladies and gentlemen, the next victim of the Grammys jinx!, I present to you Blink 182! :D

you heard it here first folks!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Guys, cut out the trolling comments. You don't like the band, fair enough, but don't piss on the parade of those who do like them. Go discuss something you do like instead.

Advertisement