Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182 are BACK!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Absolutely delighted they're back, seen em twice before, once in Glasgow and once in Dublin. Met Mark at Glasgow so that was pretty cool.

As for the Side Bands, Box Car Racer were great and Pluss 44 were mneh...Angels and Airwaves are a disaster!

Can't wait to see em again and get their new album! I'm sure I'll be slated for that but I've put up with it the last 8 or so years! They bring out the 14 year old in me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I'm not ashamed to admit that i to like Blink 182.
    Much for the same reason as the poster above, they bring out the teenager in me. They remind me of American Pie and the like. That was so long ago. "Whats my age again?"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Grahamo999 wrote: »

As for the Side Bands, Box Car Racer were great and Pluss 44 were mneh...Angels and Airwaves are a disaster!

Can't wait to see em again and get their new album! I'm sure I'll be slated for that but I've put up with it the last 8 or so years! They bring out the 14 year old in me!
    I actually like Angels And Airwaves and +44 i only heard the song they released and it was pretty good.

I actually like Angels And Airwaves and +44 i only heard the song they released and it was pretty good.
    The songs they released were quite good but the plus44 album is OK, the Angels and Airwaves one....not so good! I love this song though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwfT0okfmEY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Sucked before, will suck again, enough said.
    :P

Seconded! They`re bloody awful.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Wearing Baggy Pants?? Spiking up their hair?? They aint worth the crust on my underwear:pac::P:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

:o
    Guys, cut out the trolling comments. You don't like the band, fair enough, but don't piss on the parade of those who do like them. Go discuss something you do like instead.

I agree. They are ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

The only good think about Blink182 is Travis Barker's drumming. Their music sucks donkey *insert your own choice of word here*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Oh jesus christ... :rolleyes:

Wow, what a well-thought out comment. Did you have anything meaningful to say or did you just want to be sarky for no particular reason?
    ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Pft, sh*t, i nearly died in a plane crash, better get the band back together to pay the medical bills!!

Sucked before, will suck again, enough said.
    But hey, American Pie 5 or 6 might need a soundtrack! :P

They only 'sucked' in your opinion. Plenty of people like them. And so what if they're on the American Pie soundtrack? *shock-horror* It's not the first time a rock band has been on a movie soundtrack.

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Blink 182 suck.Punk?????Yer havin a giraffe aint ya.They are on a par with McFly or Busted.

Nobody said they were punk. Oh noes, they're popular, they're not credible enough for me to like! :rolleyes:
    nedtheshed wrote: »
    Music fans dont care if musicians are talented.Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
    :confused:

They have generally been marketed as a punk band,from their image to DeLonges lip curling a la Johnny Rotten.

Who says they aren't talented? I guarantee if they weren't as popular as they are most of the people on this thread wouldn't be complaining about them as much. It's just turning into another ''let's take a pop at a popular band the kids like'' thread- just like the Paramore one.
    liah wrote: »
    Is it really any reason to hate them because they're not "punk" enough?

But they're not 'real' punk, so only teen girls like them and that is sooo not cool...:rolleyes:

This may come as a shock to some of you, but most bands play music to make money. When they're good, they also tend to have a large fan-base. So a popular band who makes loads of money is not in fact selling out, but successful.

I know it's embarrassing to like bands like this because you don't want to seem like some teenage poser (the horror!:eek:), but giving out about them actually displays a snobby elitism, which is much worse, imo.

Bravo! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭conorlechance

Busted and Blink are class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Ah seriously, no matter what anyone says. I know yis all think this will be on really fun gig.

I think they're good. They're good when you're phished at a party, well I always put em on at about 11 before before I hit a nightclub at college and everyone sings along. And they're good for listening to when ya go for a run.

And damn fcuk, they are good ta have sex to! Lmao. They're good!

Busted and Blink are class.

Busted. Are you serious? :eek:

081.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

FunkZ wrote: »
    And damn fcuk, they are good ta have sex to! Lmao. They're good!

I'm sure 'All the small things' would be quite relevant for you in that situation! :D

robby^5 wrote: »
    I'm sure 'All the small things' would be quite relevant for you in that situation! :D

Haha brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Hey someone got it! I was of course, havin' a laugh XD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

pedobear_drool.jpg
    What's your age again? What's your age again?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Its been announce that they will tour with Weezer and Fall Out Boy starting near the end of July and run till October. FOB will be on 2/3 of the tour while Weezer will be on 1/3 of the tour.

Its been announce that they will tour with Weezer and Fall Out Boy starting near the end of July and run till October. FOB will be on 2/3 of the tour while Weezer will be on 1/3 of the tour.
    Where was this announced?! No mention of it on their site! Did they mention a Euro tour?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Was announced a few days ago, and confirmed by Mark Hoppus. No euro dates yet, and apparently none are planned apart from festivals next summer.
    Excellent, anyone got any links?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

First show back:

Hope they come back on a european tour, saw their last concert before they broke up and it was amazing.

Was a great gig alright, I saw em 2 weeks before in Glasgow too, wasn't as good as the Dublin gig but I got to meet Mark after the gig so that was pretty cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I heard they are doing the jay leno show tonight and tomorrow , so check the youtube tomorrow for high quality goodness :)

Edit here it is : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X17fZcRXcDA

All the small things, from leno last night.

Travis still got it! What a legend. Hope they come back here, god knows when/if they'll have a new album.

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Travis still got it! What a legend. Hope they come back here, god knows when/if they'll have a new album.

From what i've seen , its a us tour from now till october then album then festivals here next summer :mad:

calex71 wrote: »
    From what i've seen , its a us tour from now till october then album then festivals here next summer :mad:
    Ah I don't mind waitin, seen em twice after their last album so at least when I see em again they'll have some new stuff, and they might play Carousel next time too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

DATE
    CITY
    VENUE
    Sun 8/23 Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheater
    Mon 8/24 OFF
    Tues 8/25 Wantagh, NY - Nikon Theater @ Jones Beach
    Wed 8/26 Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
    Thu 8/27 OFF
    Fri 8/28 Camden, PA - Susquehanna Bank Center
    Sat 8/29 Hartford, CT - New England Dodge Music Center
    Sun 8/30 Washington DC - TBA ***UPDATE: DC SHOW MAY NOT HAPPEN***
    Mon 8/31 Saratoga, NY - SPAC
    Tues 9/1 OFF
    Wed 9/2 Cleveland, OH - Blossom
    Thu 9/3 St. Louis, MO - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    Fri 9/4 Kansas City, KS - Sandstone Amphitheatre
    Sat 9/5 OFF
    Sun 9/6 Denver, CO - Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre
    Mon 9/7 OFF
    Tues 9/8 OFF
    Wed 9/9 OFF
    Thu 9/10 Seattle, WA - White River Amphitheatre
    Fri 9/11 OFF
    Sat 9/12 Sacramento, CA - Sleep Train Amphitheatre
    Sun 9/13 San Francisco, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre
    Mon 9/14 OFF
    Tues 9/15 OFF
    Wed 9/16 San Diego, CA - Cricket Amphitheatre
    Thu 9/17 Irvine, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

Tickets are not on sale yet - stay tuned for info..

Tour dates here, taken from Weezer.com. August/September tour...roll on Europe anytime after that please! And that probably means mostly Weezer for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mr.S wrote: »
    I dout well be seeing them over in Europe (blink) this side of 2009, im guessing they won't come over here untill next Summer to do festivals, and then a full europe tour in like September/october, to promote the album which is coming out next year.

As much as I'd like to see them, I'd mainly be interested in Weezer anyway. Sure we'll all wait and see. If one catastrophe occurs for me this summer though, and I have money, I may end up hitting New York or New Jersey for one of these shows...unlikely though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Mushy wrote: »
    DATE
    CITY
    VENUE
    Sun 8/23 Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheater
    Mon 8/24 OFF
    Tues 8/25 Wantagh, NY - Nikon Theater @ Jones Beach
    Wed 8/26 Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
    Thu 8/27 OFF
    Fri 8/28 Camden, PA - Susquehanna Bank Center
    Sat 8/29 Hartford, CT - New England Dodge Music Center
    Sun 8/30 Washington DC - TBA ***UPDATE: DC SHOW MAY NOT HAPPEN***
    Mon 8/31 Saratoga, NY - SPAC
    Tues 9/1 OFF
    Wed 9/2 Cleveland, OH - Blossom
    Thu 9/3 St. Louis, MO - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
    Fri 9/4 Kansas City, KS - Sandstone Amphitheatre
    Sat 9/5 OFF
    Sun 9/6 Denver, CO - Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre
    Mon 9/7 OFF
    Tues 9/8 OFF
    Wed 9/9 OFF
    Thu 9/10 Seattle, WA - White River Amphitheatre
    Fri 9/11 OFF
    Sat 9/12 Sacramento, CA - Sleep Train Amphitheatre
    Sun 9/13 San Francisco, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre
    Mon 9/14 OFF
    Tues 9/15 OFF
    Wed 9/16 San Diego, CA - Cricket Amphitheatre
    Thu 9/17 Irvine, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

Tickets are not on sale yet - stay tuned for info..

Tour dates here, taken from Weezer.com. August/September tour...roll on Europe anytime after that please! And that probably means mostly Weezer for me.

For this year, yeah?

They're playing on my birthday, in my country, in a city that I live less than an hour from, AND it's their only show in Canada.. while I'll still be in Ireland! :pac:

Completely gutted!

Advertisement