Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oil burner not firing

Options
  • 10-02-2009 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

I have a problem with a stanley comeragh range. At the point of turning it on the electrodes fire but there is no sign or smell of oil. i opened an 'allen screw' under the burner itself expecting oil but there was nothing. i tryed to loosen the bolt that holds the input of the oil to the burner but it did not budge. the tank is full of oil. There is no bowl of oil on the line so i cant see if there is oil in the line.

Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

Jim79 wrote: »
    I have a problem with a stanley comeragh range. At the point of turning it on the electrodes fire but there is no sign or smell of oil. i opened an 'allen screw' under the burner itself expecting oil but there was nothing. i tryed to loosen the bolt that holds the input of the oil to the burner but it did not budge. the tank is full of oil. There is no bowl of oil on the line so i cant see if there is oil in the line.

Any advice?

did u let it run out before tank was filled? could have air lock/dirt

is stop cock at tank open or shut? close it and take pipe off to ensure this is not blocked.

if u can, put in a glass bowl as u call it, as this acts as a filter as well.

its a simple enough job

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Jim79

The motor of the burner had seized. surgery was required but its working again. thanks carlow

Advertisement