Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 3G glass replacement

• 10-02-2009 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately the glass on my Iphone has shattered

Anyone know of a cheaper option for repair than sending back to Apple ? - god only knows what they are going to charge....

The ebay stuff looks very very complicated

Update: Apple want €200 + vat + courier fees !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

No phone insurance? If you do, you should be covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

You cant just replace the glass thats the problem. I tried it and its a nightmare. You would want to be very good with small parts. You will have to buy a whole new digitalizer they are bout $169 last time i checked. You can buy them from www.pdaparts.com. My advise would be watch the videos on youtube and make a call.

I bought parts on ebay, like just glass, a new lcd. But trust me its not worth the hassle just spend the extra and get the proper one. I saw some cheap ones on ebay a few weeks ago and the looked proper but just make sure.

Is the phone 2g or 3g ??

Advertisement