Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a broadband

Options
  • 10-02-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am living in coolock d17 and i have decided to switch from ntl television to sky + now i have the option of holding onto ntl broadband for an extra 6 euro month standalone charge so it will 38 euro pm for 3 mbs this seems fairly expensive to me. Can anyone recommend anyone else would prefer not to put in a phone line or have to put up a satellite but all options would be considered. I do like to download films through the month so do not want a too much of restrictive cap.

Thks,

Eoghan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Anything similar speed with a phone is 45Eur when you add line rental.

Any decent wireless of similar speed & cap is same price or more.

Mobile doesn't even be in same league as what you have.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Eoghan25 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am living in coolock d17 and i have decided to switch from ntl television to sky + now i have the option of holding onto ntl broadband for an extra 6 euro month standalone charge so it will 38 euro pm for 3 mbs this seems fairly expensive to me. Can anyone recommend anyone else would prefer not to put in a phone line or have to put up a satellite but all options would be considered. I do like to download films through the month so do not want a too much of restrictive cap.

Thks,

Eoghan

Magnet force 10 €55.35
    Includes line rental
    Unlimited (fair usage)
    Uncontended
    Comes with PCTV
    Comes with €30 free calls for first 2 months
    Quality customer service

Yes its more expensive but it may work out less expensive in the long run for a lot of customers who regularly have to deal with slow evening speeds and charges for going over download limit.

Any questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Sounds to me like you didn't get yourself upgraded to the higher speeds and are still on a lower package than you should be. Maybe you should have a look at their site, by my reckoning you are paying the equivalent to their 10Mbit package for 3Mbit because you didn't fill in the form to get upgraded.

Advertisement