Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching Kids Web design

Options
  • 10-02-2009 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I offered to show a few kids how to make simple web pages in the Local youth club,

The problem I'm having is the Idea of what i can get them to design/Make i/e final product ,

I want to to learn a good bit but have fun doing it,

I was thinking of an about me page, Where they put there fav band/tv show/football team and a friends part where they would link to there other friends in the class,

Any ideas would help guys.

Just to add they will be from 12-15 years old.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Well if its for the youth in the youth club...then why not have a brainstorming session with a few 12-15 year olds.
    Get some ideas that are relevant to both boys and girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭NeVeR

See i want to be prepared for it, I need to know where it's going so nothing tricky comes up, I dont normally teach it,

good idea tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

just in case their folks aren't too happy about webpages with info on their little ones being online you could get them each to do up a fansite...on their favourite band, tv show, footie team etc. just a thought :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

How about a site for the youth club itself ? Activities, Photo Gallery, Meeting Times, Committee / Contact Info etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Well the info wont be online, I wouldnt do that for just that reason, It will all be hosted on the PC they are using,

If we didnt one for the Youthclub it would be harder, As I'd have over 10 different sites and I'd have to pick one to put up. They might even have one already.

I might try the Fansite,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

NeVeR wrote: »
    If we didnt one for the Youthclub it would be harder, As I'd have over 10 different sites and I'd have to pick one to put up. They might even have one already.

No-one says it has to become the "official" site; just explain that you're using the youth club idea so that it's something that they'll know about, and can focus on design, navigation and presentation rather than having to make up content.

Up to you, though - just an idea.

Advertisement