Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

here goes nothing...

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Great read - well done. And who knows how dangerous you'd be if you didnt have to stop and pick up energy gels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

thanks lads, i definitely need to include some kind of manual dexterity work in my next training plan.
    Have you mapped out your next race or marathon?

Thanks thirstywork, the county senior xcross country in late december is the next race. The only other think marked in the diary is an entry for the conn ultra, but right now i'm not sure if i'll do that, in fact i'm pretty sure i'll drop back to the full or half. I'll have another pop at a marathon next autumn i think after i've built a solid base. Might give the galway marathon a miss though ;)
    BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Epic read - I was with you all the way - where can I buy the book for Christmas?

now with free gel flask..:)
    DustyBin wrote: »
    Fair play - is that only your second marathon?

Thanks DustyBin, yep that was my second, i did connemara halfs in 06 & 08 (both in 1:46) and then signed up for connemara full at the start of november last year as my first full marathon.
    Sosa wrote: »
    Well done again Asimonov...great running.
    Enjoy the break now,you deserve it I'm mad jealous but delighted for you.

thanks sosa, you've a marathon in hand on me now, it's just a matter of how far below 3 you go next time.

I'm going to finish off the log now and as above, thanks to everyone for their advice, comments and motivation. I hope i can return the favour. I'm going to pick some new targets for 2010 and start a new log soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Great read, asimonov shows you what a bit of work can do for you when you have come form a 1:46 half in 08 to 2:58 marathon now.
    See you were real happy when you crossed the finish line :)Congrats again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Super run to match your progress to date! Well done and nice report to boot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

well done! Brilliant result and race report. Big question is next marathon target? Fancy sharing a sub 2.50 in dub next year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭OI

Sh!t momma, I can't dance - totally missed this one mate. I knew you would do it, great performance and I enjoyed the read. Well done mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭aero2k

OI wrote: »
    Sh!t momma, I can't dance - totally missed this one.
    Hi asimonov, I missed this one too - Amadeus's "Hall of Fame" thread reminded me to have a look. That's a terrific report and a great performance - you coped very well with the flask incidents - that kind of thing would have driven me mad!
    Florence sounds like a good one.

Advertisement