Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Centre/Doctor

Options
  • 10-02-2009 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭

Does anyone know the opening hours for the doctor at UL? And do you just go along or make an appointment??

I've never been as I'm from Limk so usually just go to see my own doctor, won't be able to get to my own doc over the next few days so was going to try go at college before my lectures later (I'm an evening student).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

All info is at http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Student%20Affairs/Student%20Supports/Student%20Health%20Centre but dont go expecting to be seen straight away, i tried that last week and was told the next appointment was over 24 hours later, not much good when u have pneumonia as my regular doctor informed me the following morning...... Anyway rant over....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

Robo_Mike wrote: »
    All info is at http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Student%20Affairs/Student%20Supports/Student%20Health%20Centre but dont go expecting to be seen straight away, i tried that last week and was told the next appointment was over 24 hours later, not much good when u have pneumonia as my regular doctor informed me the following morning...... Anyway rant over....

Thanks Mike, that link doesn't seem to be working however. Looks like the site is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

Ya, there were problems with the email servers and sulis was down for a while. This might be a side effect. As far as i remember its open 9 - 5 and it in the C block, level M.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I'd say it's standard 9 - 5. I'm pretty sure reception closes at 5 and you have to report there first so hence my guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sham_kennedy

You won't get an appointment the day you go in usually, but the doctors seem fine, if a little unfriendly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Does it cost money? I've to get stitches out next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Nope, it's free for students. That's why it takes a while to get an appointment. As it's free people tend to go over every little thing.

Now, tell us all how you got stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

ergonomics wrote: »
    Now, tell us all how you got stitches.

I wonder does it have anything to do with his sig?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

A rather unconventional method of wine bottle opening :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mimibear

You won't get an appointment the day you go in usually, but the doctors seem fine, if a little unfriendly.

Unfriendly? From my experience that's an understatement unfortunatley!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭diddley

Mimibear wrote: »
    Unfriendly? From my experience that's an understatement unfortunatley!
    Go on then, spill it :P

Advertisement