Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael/Michelle

Options
  • 10-02-2009 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

Is that guy still going round Athlone calls himself Michael or Michelle depending on who he wakes up as, he wears a kilt and has cotton wool in his ears.

He was a student in AIT

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

jesus he was a very odd fella,have not seen him in years. he was always around the town. i think he lived on the west side. how did you know his name? college?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

he was around last year, haven't seen him in a few months. Will ask around as I know someone in a shop that he always called into, an accessories store ofc!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

Vas_Guy wrote: »
    Is that guy still going round Athlone calls himself Michael or Michelle depending on who he wakes up as, he wears a kilt and has cotton wool in his ears.

He was a student in AIT

Don't all students in AIT have cotton wool in their ears?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

He was a student in AIT

Yes, he/she was doing the social studies course in AIT. He/she wanted to become a social worker.

Have'nt seen him/her in some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

gyppo wrote: »
    Yes, he/she was doing the social studies course in AIT. He/she wanted to become a social worker.

Have'nt seen him/her in some time.

I remember hearing that there was an issue with his work placement at one stage as where ever he was supposed to be working wern't too keen on having him around.

The one and only time I ever spoke to him, he was giving out that the Students Union couldnt get a proper band like U2 to play in Scribes for Rag Week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

I used to see him/her around town the whole time but haven't seen him/her in a while. He/she actually came over to me and my friends in town one day cos he/she saw me wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt and started talking to us about music. He/she seems to know tons about music. I also remember he/she was sitting near me at the Westmeath vs Derry All-Ireland quarter-final match a few years ago and people started shouting at him/her, man he/she's wierd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    I remember hearing that there was an issue with his work placement at one stage as where ever he was supposed to be working wern't too keen on having him around.

Correct and right.
    However, to get onto that course he would have been interviewed - I wonder if he wore a suit, and if so, was it jacket and trousers - or jacket and skirt??:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Vas_Guy

Correct and right.
    However, to get onto that course he would have been interviewed - I wonder if he wore a suit, and if so, was it jacket and trousers - or jacket and skirt??:)

I heard AIT messed up by letting him on the social studies course

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Correct and right.

He could have worn a kilt and told them he was of Scottish heritage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Jaysis. I remember him/her alright. From athlone and went to college there - left the town in 03. Used to see him knocking about from time to time but not seen him in years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Eireann

Have to say I havent seen him in AGES...!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Wasn't the cotton wool in his ears to protect them. No idea if it was true, but he was suing scribes for hearing damage, music too loud or something. It may not have been from being in Scribes, but the classroom above it. :P

Also who's bloody idea was it to put a classroom above a pub?!?!

Anyway, more rumours, lecturers refused to teach him, as he'd always sit up the front, in his skirt, with no underwear.

More rumours, he travelled to (think it was Sweden), to have a sex change.
    Loads of rumours :P no facts if it's true *shudder*.

Bit of an oddball alright.

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    he'd always sit up the front, in his skirt, with no underwear.

Baaaaadddd mental images there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

When i was finished my leaving cert a few of my friends and myself were being interviewed for "the cafe" on RTE2. When we were finished filming he went up to them asking to make sure that he wasnt on it in the background because no body "back home" new that he dressed up. As strange as it sounds he didnt seem stone wall crazy or anything, obviously very odd though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Apparently the cotton wool was a way of subduing The Voices. Seemed a harmless enough chap/lady though.
    Of course, he wasn't the first male to prance about town in a skirt......anyone remember Paudge(?) , the old dude from the Batteries who travelled about town on a bike with a trailer on tow and a pack of dogs tethered to him.

Nforce wrote: »
    Apparently the cotton wool was a way of subduing The Voices. Seemed a harmless enough chap/lady though.
    Of course, he wasn't the first male to prance about town in a skirt......anyone remember Paudge(?) , the old dude from the Batteries who travelled about town on a bike with a trailer on tow and a pack of dogs tethered to him.

Yes Paudge Downey, is he still alive

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

That kilt is actually a school skirt from the Bower I think. So the missus tells me.

The guy seems pretty harmless, I spoke to him once or twice, hes is pretty big into the football.

Yep, its a bower skirt.

He used to go into Dunnes in Irishtown wearing it and a see through cream coloured shirt with a bra underneath, walking up and down through the checkouts to see what reaction he would get.

one of the times i saw him down by the river singing loyalist songs to a group of spanish students

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭stapolinhosting

one of the times i saw him down by the river singing loyalist songs to a group of spanish students

HaHaHa! I can just imagine what was going through there minds!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement