Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prof. Steven Weinberg at UCD, 3PM today

Options
  • 10-02-2009 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭

This is very short notice: posters only went up this morning. Prof. Steven Weinberg is speaking at UCD, 3PM today on the topic "The Art of Science and the Craft of Art". I know it's the Arts building, not sure which lecture theatre (M?), but there are posters up in the area.

After speaking to a couple of people here, I get the impression that he might be in for a few snotty questions from the audience; not about his atheism, but about his public support for Israel. If I find he's doing any other events here in Ireland, I'll post about them too, unless someone beats me to it.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If anyone tried to find Theatre A in the Arts building, like I did - my apologies, it was in the Science Hub, not Arts. That was more appropriate for a speech by an eminent physicist and Nobel laureate. Then it was moved next door to B, because there was another lecture already on. Not that it started on time anyway - very little at UCD does - so there was time to find the place. I've just found out that it was mentioned in the Irish Times today, too.

Anyway - a good talk, though not really relevant to this forum, I suppose. He's also taking part in a debate at Trinity College on Wednesday, though I can't locate any details at the moment.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Advertisement