Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Economic Internships in Dublin

• 10-02-2009 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi guys,
    Don't know if this is the right place, and if not please feel free to move/delete, but I thought you might be good people to ask.

I am in final year economics and will be moving to the UK for a masters next year. Just looking for some summer work at the minute. I've looked into ESRI internships, but applications are not yet open. Just wondering if anybody knows about interning at the ESRI or has any other ideas for where to look? I need to be able to pay my rent and eat for the summer but would prioritise good experience as long as the money was adequate. Maybe some of the economics consultants? In this climate its probably a long shot though!

Comments

From what I have heard, ESRI money isn't great but the experience is excellent. Not great money but you learn a lot. IBM economic consulting do internships (at least they did), as do some of the other consultants. Feel free to drop me a PM.

What college are you going to next year?

Indecon have taken people on for the summer in the past.

There's a lot more opportunities if you were willing to move to the UK a little earlier. There is a lot more consultancies in London and Oxford than there are in Dublin. NERA, Frontier, LECG, London Economics, CRAI, Oxera etc. The IFS has a programme but you'd need to apply by Friday http://www.ifs.org.uk/aboutIFS/jobs

Advertisement