Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Apocrypha [EXPANSION]

• 10-02-2009 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

I've got an expansion.... in my pants.

Okay, so with the joke out of the way here's what i've seen and heard about so far. (This is only what is on sisi so don't expect all of it to come into effect)

-Skill Queue
    -Being able to redistribute attribute points twice a year
    -100% bonus to skill training speed for characters under 1.6m skill points
    -T3 ships (someone said you lose t3 skill points when you lose your t3 ship)
    -Cyno Generators being usable by all gang members not just the alliance that owns them

Anyone else noticed anything i've missed?

Looking forward to the 100% bonus to training speed if it actually comes in, will make for easy cyno alt/gunner alt creation. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Bout the T3 skills, certain modules and ships allow you to train certain skills, if that ship or module is blown up or you leave it, you loose the connected skill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Well that's freakin lame about the T3 ships!? WTF is that about?? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

I thought it was more so you loose points in a subsystem skill so your not completly **** on by t3.

Wormholes?

Like acceration gates some wormholes will only let certin ship sizes through and then they'll have a mass limit, once you stuff enough mass in to them they'll collaspse.

Once your in a wormhole system there's always one wormhole out of it.

No sov in wormhole systems

Got it mostly from http://www.massively.com/2009/02/09/eve-evolved-gear-up-for-wormhole-exploration/

[rumours]
    Reassign attributes (respec!) "**Take this with a grain of salt the size of a hamster for the time being; it was only mentioned very briefly, and there hasn't been any further mention of this from CCP Games beyond Fear's comment during the tournament.**" six month cooldown talked about.

Triangulation for probing A simple guide to the new probing system for begginers!

One probe for all

Thorax gets new close combat attack that makes it ossilate several thousand times a second allowing it to cut through other ships.

Eve-online retail box nets you a few "goodies" if you want to call them that. A shuttle with a larger cargobay. Instant access to factional warfare (i.e. automatic standings via an in-game certificate-usable by anyone), launchs with the expansion.

The new sisi patch has new jove ship models in it (set imagination to WILD!)

[/rumours]

Rather than post a giant wall of copied text you can find some patch notes here -> http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?p=742622#742622

The basic's are,
    • All content now has Premium models. Before only Ships, Stations and Stargates had premium content.
    • The probing system has been completely revamped - Ship scanning and exploration now takes place on the solar system map using the new 3d, graphical probe UI. Targets are acquired through a process of triangulation using multiple probes which are able to move independently of the ship.
    • New Probe Launchers and Probes - The lightweight Core Probe Launcher which takes the new Core Scanner Probe is aimed at exploration and the Expanded Probe Launcher which takes the new Combat Scanner Probe is aimed at ship scanning.
    • 250 new exploration sites
    • Strategic cruisers - Loki (Minmatar), Tengu (Caldari), Legion (Amarr), Proteus (Gallente)
    • These ships are made each out of 5 subsystems (electronic, defensive, engineering, offensive, propulsion) and a connecting base hull
    • All subsystems are interchangeable (inside their own race and slot) and make for a lot of possible ships
    • Subsystems can only be changed in a station
    • Reverse Engineering Ancient items found/salvaged in wormholes can be reverse engineered in experimental labs at a POS or Caldari outpost
    • Subsystems can be manufactured at a new Subsystem Assembly Array or an Amarr Outpost. Works like T2 manufacturing but needs T3 materials and "normal space" items.
    • Fitting screen got a UI overhaul
    • New condensed creation i.e. One page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Excellent they are making probing a difficult task now rather than the "scan and win a prize" thing it was before. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

So yeah.. after hours twiddling my clit on the test server I have discovered this juicy intelz. No point making a bunch of screenshots on the actual interface.. because its bound to get changed.. Will have to wait until its either finalised or goes live on TQ.

New basic probing mechanics for Ships, Drones, Cosmic Signatures(including wormholes), Cosmic Anomalies and Structures.

probe_tut.png

"lookit dat target you say." Right we have something we wish to find.

probe_tut1.png

We drop da first probe.. and get a hit! Ok we're in range son! So its say 5 au from where we are.. right now to drop a 2nd probe and find dis suckawww.

probe_tut2.png

With 2 probes out if they are placed on either side of the target you get a red circle like in this picture:

Scanning.png

The target is *somewhere* on the circumfrence of this circle.. Hmm we need a 3rd probe.

probe_tut3.png

Ok the 3rd probe intersects the plane detailed in the previous picture at 2 places.. Hence the 2 possible "hits" the 3rd probe reveals.. We need a 4th probe :whut:

probe_tut4.png

And there you have it. Warp to this bitch and smoke him like it aint no thang.

This system is also used for PVP targets.. so you can say goodbye to your "I'm jumping in to scan out dat raven >:] " Its going to take minutes even for experienced probers.. And thats just if the targets sit still waiting to be killed..

Changing the probing mechanics is an obvious first step to a future delayed local channel.. so its coming boyz n gurls.

venom_kfc_melon.jpg

Some pretty pictures

3266797046_7fe8f6875b_o.png

Fitting screen

moarfitting.jpg

apomodularshipac5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jaysonia

some nice changes there. any pics on the new ships?

new Fitting screen is better arranged.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That fitting screen looks great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

jaysonia wrote: »
    some nice changes there. any pics on the new ships?

new Fitting screen is better arranged.

The ships are just the standard ship models afaik jay.

• Advertisement

so whats the point in the T3 ships then?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

Been really busy lately, but managed to get on for a lil bit.....and it looks good, the skill que <3<3, new models looks nice, t3 ships be confusing but good........ but the new probing system is complete fail, along with the new fitting window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Sand

This system is also used for PVP targets.. so you can say goodbye to your "I'm jumping in to scan out dat raven >:] " Its going to take minutes even for experienced probers.. And thats just if the targets sit still waiting to be killed..

Meh, if that Raven is in a deadspace you might as well not even bother dropping probes anyhow - to have any hope you need to pray by some chance he is in a deadspace within 4AU of a bookmark or a celestial because youll never* get a hit with recon probes. If youre looking for a war target in a busy high sec system that hasnt named his Rattlesnake "X's Rattlesnake" then you dont even know what youre looking for. If that Raven has a cloak fitted and local open, hes already warping to a safespot to cloak up.

Essentially its hard enough to pin down a target who doesnt want to be pinned down. Not sure anything that makes it harder is anything to be celebrated.

I mean, are they going to provide a "Warp 8AU that way" command so you can start dropping probes around a target? Because if your target on the example above is on the edge of the system with no celestials either side of it, and no possibility of dropping a bookmark midway on the other side hit then youre all out of luck if my understanding of the system from that example is correct.

*Exceptions are not the rule....

jaysonia wrote: »
    so whats the point in the T3 ships then?

They're only placeholder models and even when they get replaced everyone will be using the Caldari modules until they put the rest in.

Anyway

caldaritenguat425.jpg

On another note, mining laser/drone improvment rumour!
    Minedrill, Top Down Partner To Develop New Mining Technology

The deal isn't expected to produce results for at least two to three years, though Marukaiken did say that Top Down was considering marketing Minedrill-branded mining lasers and mining drones in the near future "to get the ball rolling."

Concept art for the Minmatar ship. Looks alot like the caldari in terms of shape.

mc5m_v1_t.jpg

Found on the recent devblog about T3 ships.

The Amarr one is intresting though :D

20090211234739.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

did they ever increase the speed of training before ?

no they didn't, they bumped up the base skill points before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I have to say, whatever else about CCP, they choose damn cool expansion titles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqA9MKyOlrs

Some video of the Caldari and Gallante T3 ships and some of the new special effects! :D

The minmatar and amarr ones have have shapes but no textures yet.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3336/3279066814_a537e9fd8a_o.jpg

Many new effects with the graphics upgrade, new smartbomb effects! http://www.evetube.com/index.php?playid=867 and a new NOS effect aswell that's supposed to look good.

What exact role are they expecting a 1 billion isk + cruiser to fill?

These t3 ships are retarded tbh

• Advertisement

Isk sink? :)

Depends on how powerful they are. If they're anything like the Sleeper NPC's are suppose to be like they'll be pretty hard to loose in small scale combat.
    mamolian wrote: »

Highly doubt they will be difficult to lose.. Otherwise it will unbalance everything else about the game.. Id imagine they'll still die to 2 - 3 ships quite nicely.

Guess you'll see **** like combinations of ewar and tank/missile spam, like a mini cerb/falcon hybrid..

Still.. wont justify the cost to build/acquire one..

mamolian wrote: »

Aren't all ships absurdly and pointlessly expensive when they're first released? As they become more common the price drops and they find a role eventually?

The price usually stabilses after awhile, once the insanity of OMG NEW WANT dies down. Since this things will depend on supplies of an entirely new type and from a new origin it's going to be awhile before prices fall a good bit.

Anyone seen if these sleepers will be of the rouge drone type. i.e. bountyless?

How much are Marauders these days?
    (It's actually been so long since I played I'm not even sure if that's what they're called...the T2 PvE Battleships)

Also are Black Ops Battleships still lol?

Mantel wrote: »
    Anyone seen if these sleepers will be of the rouge drone type. i.e. bountyless?

Its not been mentioned anywhere.. But I'd put isk on it.. these sleepers will have no bounty. Moar stupid drone rats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

marauder is like more expensive than carrier, well caldari one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

the best thing about this expansion is the new muzzle flash effects from autocannons, it makes flying minmatar ships cool again, like running around with an UZI sprayin' suckaz with your rediculous muzzle flash and excessive ammo expendature

20090218061312yq0.jpg

that does look fairly funking cool gneez. Guess i'll have to train minimatar now. :( sigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Mantel wrote: »
    Isk sink? :)

Depends on how powerful they are. If they're anything like the Sleeper NPC's are suppose to be like they'll be pretty hard to loose in small scale combat.

The caldari one seems to be a mix of drake firepowah and t2 defence its not overly powerful from what im seeing better off sticking to a drake for pew pew (yes drakes are pritty win)

Advertisement