Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

state we're in

Options
  • 10-02-2009 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

I'm so disillusioned with this country. I lived through the last recession and having to emigrate I and others see we can get through this. But if we don't stand up to the government on the pay rise of BOI and the wage decrease felt by civil servants. Never thought I'd supposrt the unions but it is nothing short of criminal the mess the banks have left us in. Who would have thought we could go from the richest nation europe to one with the higest unemployment in 12 months. People were too caught up in the money the banks were giving us and none of it ours.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

There, there... have a twinkie...

We elected our government. Repeatedly.

The government we repeatedly re-elected was the one that invested EU funds in roads to newly built estates in the arsehole of nowhere rather than on real public infrastructure.

We applied for 100% mortgages and bought overpriced shoe boxes.

We are the ones who lived on credit cards, buying holidays, flashy cars, Xboxes and all manner of crap we couldn't afford because we could always get more credit.

We knew the bubble would eventually burst, as it's been openly discussed for years.

We also happily relied on multinationals to give us jobs and never asked if we could create sustainable employment at home.

About the only thing we didn't all see coming was the credit crisis, but we all knew (for a while now) that we were due a fiscal humility lesson.

So what are you complaining about?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

This is a little bit too general, and too much of a repeat of what's being said on umpteen other threads. It doesn't really warrant yet another thread, I'm afraid.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement