Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

250 Jobs To Go In Limerick Drug Gangs Merger

Options
  • 10-02-2009 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

Limerick 's notorious Keane family has announced 250 redundancies within its network due its merger with former rivals the
    Dundon-McCarthy criminal gang.
    Some 200 of the redundancies will come from within Limerick City itself with the remainder from the wider Munster area.
    Gang chief Christie Keane was interviewed by a local radio station via a mobile phone from his prison cell this morning.
    He said that although there was bad blood between the gangs, they felt there was no other option available to them.
    "It was either continue on with our bloody feud and both go out of business, or adapt to the new economic reality of the drugs market. With that in mind it made more sense to merge with the Dundon-McCarthys in a single operation..."
    Under the plan, half of Dundon-McCarthy's personnel will be co-opted into the new set up, with the remainder being surplus to requirements. Approximately one third of the Keane network will also be let go.
    Foreign suppliers of the Dundon-McCarthy gang will not be affected as their contracts will automatically transfer to new criminal conglomerate over the coming weeks.
    The gang says an involuntary severance package will be forced upon those being let go and no meetings will be held to discuss the redundancy terms:
    "They'll take what their being offered or else they'll get their legs broke," said Christie Keane.
    He refused to be drawn when asked what is contained within the package: "Mind your own fu cking business, but I'm sure you can take a guess."
    Philip Callopy is one of those who is being let go. A former associate of the Keanes, he blames the "incompetence" of senior gang members for the loss of the 250 jobs.
    "The Keanes used to be good, professional criminals, but that all changed a few years ago. Christie got reckless and ended up in jail, Kieran got himself killed and Liam became a smack head.
    "I was one of their closest colleagues and how was I rewarded? First Liam steals my car and burns it out and then I'm sacked. And to really rub it in, they go and merge with our former enemies? I tell ya, there's no honour in crime these days - it all about profit margins. Loyalty counts for nothing anymore."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

250 more jobs to go in Limerick because I'm a serial killer and they will all die...soon...very soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

Hmmm... I wonder who I could contact to see if they are in need of an outplacement service???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

250 more jobs to go in Limerick because I'm a serial killer and they will all die...soon...very soon

Surely that would create employment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Breaking News

New Limerick Super gang really merged to cope with demands after market taken over by Mega Gang originating in the Finglas Area.

Funniest thread ive seen in a week..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Liam79 wrote: »
    Limerick 's notorious Keane family has announced 250 redundancies within its network due its merger with former rivals the
    Dundon-McCarthy criminal gang.
    Some 200 of the redundancies will come from within Limerick City itself with the remainder from the wider Munster area.
    Gang chief Christie Keane was interviewed by a local radio station via a mobile phone from his prison cell this morning.
    He said that although there was bad blood between the gangs, they felt there was no other option available to them.
    "It was either continue on with our bloody feud and both go out of business, or adapt to the new economic reality of the drugs market. With that in mind it made more sense to merge with the Dundon-McCarthys in a single operation..."
    Under the plan, half of Dundon-McCarthy's personnel will be co-opted into the new set up, with the remainder being surplus to requirements. Approximately one third of the Keane network will also be let go.
    Foreign suppliers of the Dundon-McCarthy gang will not be affected as their contracts will automatically transfer to new criminal conglomerate over the coming weeks.
    The gang says an involuntary severance package will be forced upon those being let go and no meetings will be held to discuss the redundancy terms:
    "They'll take what their being offered or else they'll get their legs broke," said Christie Keane.
    He refused to be drawn when asked what is contained within the package: "Mind your own fu cking business, but I'm sure you can take a guess."
    Philip Callopy is one of those who is being let go. A former associate of the Keanes, he blames the "incompetence" of senior gang members for the loss of the 250 jobs.
    "The Keanes used to be good, professional criminals, but that all changed a few years ago. Christie got reckless and ended up in jail, Kieran got himself killed and Liam became a smack head.
    "I was one of their closest colleagues and how was I rewarded? First Liam steals my car and burns it out and then I'm sacked. And to really rub it in, they go and merge with our former enemies? I tell ya, there's no honour in crime these days - it all about profit margins. Loyalty counts for nothing anymore."

Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

Liam, I take my hat off to you, excellent, fab, worthy of being posted on sites everywhere!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

They don't even know what merger means... great post

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

banjobongo wrote: »
    Liam, I take my hat off to you, excellent, fab, worthy of being posted on sites everywhere!

i saw it on another site during the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭ilovecars

awh this isn't even funny, these people might lose their homes(mansions) cars(range rovers,bmw's) or their villas in spain, if c.a.b. don't get their first of course..:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

maybe the poor guys let go could go on a FAS course and become...bank managers?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭puglover

banjobongo wrote: »
    maybe the poor guys let go could go on a FAS course and become...bank managers?!

I don't think they'd sink that low

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I'm just wondering what's involved in being "surplus to requirements"..... :P

Or indeed, the scary-sounding "severance" package! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

ilovecars wrote: »
    awh this isn't even funny, these people might lose their homes(mansions) cars(range rovers,bmw's) or their villas in spain, if c.a.b. don't get their first of course..:P

And then Vincent De Paul will run to their aid. :mad:

Advertisement