Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What makes a good remote control???

Options
  • 10-02-2009 3:08pm

i am in my final year of college and as a project in one of my modules i have to design a remote control... completely free scope after that

so i wondered what makes a good remote.

Is less more when it comes to buttons?
    Is touch screen the way to go?
    Is there any problems with tv remotes etc, like not being able to find them that could be addressed in my project?

I love to hear other peoples opinions. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭cheapskate

Hi,

Interesting project, In my opinion The best remote should ergonomic perfectly balanced when pressing the most used keys and subtlely backlit (low LEDs)

Now I have thought about this several times as I have looked at player's remotes when looking at a purchase. I think less is more, Keep It Simple Stupid (KISS)

So i would say have programmable buttons easily located within reach of the average thumb!

And last but not least, nicely weighted.

Hope this helps,

CS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

remember numerous components are essential. Currently you have TV, video/DVD, home cinema, sky etc.

God knows what is coming around the corner so something that would be adaptable would be good.

Also touchscreen is good for me.

Good luck with the project.

Advertisement