Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indo - Bank bailout to go ahead without deal on salaries

Options
  • 10-02-2009 3:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/bank-bailout--to-go-ahead-without-deal-over-salaries-1634083.html

When the good people in the ECB see this, what must be going through their minds. The bankers and builders once again left to regulate themselves.

Why is this government so spineless? A blind man can clearly see that the cabal of banks, developers and Zanu FF are running this joint.

I am so convulsed with anger typing this. They have got to be removed before they do any more damage. There is too much at stake.

The more I read into the pension levy, the more i'm convinced it was a nasty ploy to distract us from the state sanctioned theft of the Irish taxpayer. Private and Public sector and unemployed must now unite.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

There's a lot of Boards forums that are festering anger - there's no shortage of anger either. I feel sorry for the mods - fair balls to them , they've a tough challenge.

On topic : Yes I think there's been a sneaky two faced plan from those in power with regards public VS private. It reminds me of that Brian Friel play/novel Philadelphia, Here I Come.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58894001#post58894001

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Partizan wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/bank-bailout--to-go-ahead-without-deal-over-salaries-1634083.html

When the good people in the ECB see this, what must be going through their minds. The bankers and builders once again left to regulate themselves.

Why is this government so spineless? A blind man can clearly see that the cabal of banks, developers and Zanu FF are running this joint.

I am so convulsed with anger typing this. They have got to be removed before they do any more damage. There is too much at stake.

The more I read into the pension levy, the more i'm convinced it was a nasty ploy to distract us from the state sanctioned theft of the Irish taxpayer. Private and Public sector and unemployed must now unite.

Brian Lenihan was saying yesterday that there are still 'tough negotiations' to be carried out with BOI & AIB. I cringe when I hear him talk of being 'tough', he's nothing but a pussycat. Send in Richard Bruton or Joan Burton or someone who has both a clue and a backbone.

I voted Greens but never again. I was never a fan of Labour but I don't think they'd be led around the garden like the banks are doing with FF

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

a dreadfull thing is happening in this state at the moment :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 neonic75

Did i hear someone say a bloody coupe?

• Advertisement

neonic75 wrote: »

Hear , hear...

No doubt we'll find out the gory details in 20years in some rotten expensive tribunal or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

neonic75 wrote: »

Sounds like a road accident. :pac:

anyway, I don't think that anytime soon, will we see a banker walking down the street with the arse hanging out the back of his trousers, not in Ireland that is.

I see that there's a lot of arm-twisting and apologising going on in the UK at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

They might still have their salaries cut, but the government can't just waltz in and tear up their contracts - any change will likely come at the banks' AGMs.

There's a lot to bear learned from the Swedish way of doing things - it's been thrown around a fair bit but no one seems to be actually talking in foward steps

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

If the government really wants to have so much say in how the banks are run they should just nationalise them. But as it stands, they're willing to leave them as they are, but just re-capitalise them, while also trying to dictate how the money is spent. Would this be acceptable elsewhere? e.g. The government re-capitalising Superquinn, but dictating that it would no longer be able to stock cleaning products...?

• Advertisement
Advertisement