Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS Traineeship

Options
  • 10-02-2009 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi,

I was looking at the FAS site and saw they have a software development training course (think its 59 weeks).

I was wondering if anybody has done this or knows anything about it?

I would be looking at doing it in Waterford. Do they do that training course here, is it free?

here is the link to the site: FAS

Thanks,
    DG.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi DanG. :)
    The only location FAS currently have listed for that course is Finglas, to start on the 6th of April. Usual FAS conditions apply, which afaik means that you have to be eligible to be registered with FAS. Usually these courses are provided free of charge and you will receive a FAS training allowance for the duration. You can check more details with FAS in Waterford on 051 862900.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

tut :(

That really sucks...

I was looking to do that course.

I've just been made redundant and have basically resigned myself to the fact that there is no work out there and probably wont be for a while, so instead of sitting on my hole feeling sorry for myself was going to do something like this for a year to keep active and my skills going!

Would anybody know of any other software dev / programming course thats about a year long? There is a course at WIT, but its 3 years... I really don't want to do the whole college thing all over again!

Any ideas are welcomed...

Oh and has to be Waterford (Maybe Kilkenny / Tip Inst)

DG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

I dont know if you've tried REGSA adult guidance service but they should have info on most educational options in Waterford city. Afaik Sandra is the Information officer there
    http://www.regsa.org/

Theres another guidance service in Waterford county as well as one in Kilkenny and two in Tipperary. They should all have info on learning options in their areas.

Contact details for all of these services are available through NCGE: http://www.ncge.ie/adult_details.htm

Advertisement