Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any shop that sells LGBT friendly valentines cards?

Options
  • 10-02-2009 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Subject says it all really. I'd like to get the boyfriend a valentines day card, is there any shop in Dublin that sells lgbt friendly cards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Tbh, I don't think that many Valentine's Day cards are lgbt-unfriendly... Would a generic "for a special boyfriend blah blah blah" card not do?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Or go onto MoonPig.com and do it yourself!

http://www.moonpig.com/

I think you have to have them out by the 11th of Feb but be aware they're very slow some times, that what i have found. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭ceret

Stark wrote: »
    Tbh, I don't think that many Valentine's Day cards are lgbt-unfriendly... Would a generic "for a special boyfriend blah blah blah" card not do?

Well yes a generic 'for a boyfriend' card would do, but it would be cool if I could get a LGBT one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

Throbbing c*cks are red,
    And battered a*seholes are blue,
    I really want a boyfriend,
    But I guess you'll have to do!
    Happy Valentines Gay!

That would be OK if you wrote it on a plain card yourself! Maybe draw a rainbow flag in the corner. There you go, gay friendly! :D:D

Ach, I'm a funny/weird mood today, ignore my ramblings! I havn't been drinking, I swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Have you tried Touchnote? They've got a few gay friendly cards and offer same day postage.

www.touchnote.com/photo/gallery/gay

You can also use your own photos on those cards as well.

Valentine's discount offer - 30% off

Code: VALENTINES-LOVE

ps. disclaimer - I work at Touchnote!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Cabbage Brained

Best gay friendly card I ever saw said :

"It's not homophobia, everybody hates you"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

DubArk wrote: »
    Or go onto MoonPig.com and do it yourself!

http://www.moonpig.com/

I think you have to have them out by the 11th of Feb but be aware they're very slow some times, that what i have found. :)
    MOOOOOOOOOOON PIGGGG

Bastards with their stupid stuck-in-yer-head ad!

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

"I say, do you know where I can find a totally spiffing greetings card?"

My sister got me a card last year from Moooooooooooooooooooon Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig for my birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Paddy C wrote: »
    My sister got me a card last year from Moooooooooooooooooooon Piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig for my birthday.
    Stoppit.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

Oh i hate that ad. They flog the slogan 3/4 times inside 30 secs.
    It would put you off them, but when my sister in law was looking to send Thank you cards after her wedding all i could say was Mooooon Pig - I died inside each time i mentioned them because the ad worked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

ceret wrote: »
    Well yes a generic 'for a boyfriend' card would do, but it would be cool if I could get a LGBT one. :)

So you mean ... you'd rather make point of making a statement of being gay ... than just have a normal day in a normal relationship ...????? OK .......

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

aoibhebree wrote: »
    So you mean ... you'd rather make point of making a statement of being gay ... than just have a normal day in a normal relationship ...????? OK .......
    There's often clearly one on the card that's a boy and the other a girl - whether it be what they're wearing or something a little more subtle like the colouring of the nose (generally pink and blue). It might be nice to get a card that doesn't make such distinctions - they do exist, but they're harder to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Untense

Why anyone would spend money on a laminated piece of cardboard is beyond me.
    You could photoshop your own cards and make them as homosexual as you like for a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

val_34.jpg
    tbh. :)

Advertisement