Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabled passenger grants etc ...

Options
  • 10-02-2009 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

I'm on Carer's looking after both parents, my Da is in a wheelchair (can't walk at all) and our car is miles too small for three adults plus a wheelchair. I've heard there is a grant or something which allows you to buy a car in this circumstance, but I can't find any info as to what the grant is called, or where to apply for it. I did find a disabled driver mobility grant (or something like that) and filled in the form, but it was the wrong thing. What's the grant that I am looking for?

Also, I had a disabled parking permit for my Da, it needs to be renewed, only his eyesight is very bad and he's getting very senile, so trying to get him to sign something is a nightmare, what do I do now ...?

thanks

Comments

Advertisement