Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband in Grosvenor Square, Rathmines?

• 10-02-2009 3:58pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been looking at moving to a appartment in Grosvenor Square, Rathmines, but I am also looking to getting NTL 20mb broadband package in aswell (House has Cable TV Port already). Looking at NTL/UPC checker it says broadband is unavailable in Rathmines, but Grosvenor Square is also very near Harolds Cross where its supported? Anyone know if I'll be able to get NTL in here? Or even the 10mb NTL package will suit? Not really interested in the ADSL broadbands or wireless solutions tbh...

Cheers

Nick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Easiest thing is to ring them and check! I think they're upgrading Ranelagh/Rathmines at the moment for broadband so double check to make sure. I'm holding out until then as I don't have many options with other providers apart from DSL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Perhaps ring them up and give them the address and they should be able to tell you straight away if the house is hooked up. Some places are within different areas - I lived in a house in Lucan which was on NTL's Clondalkin network.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Cheers lads, did ring them and it seems to be out of the question, pity :( . Will have to look elsewhere instead, can't belive my current area (Rathfarnham) supports NTL and a area beside town Rathmines doesn't :S

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Did you check are they upgrading the lines in your area at the moment? Ask specifically for that info, they generally don't tell you otherwise which is annoying

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Jev/N wrote: »
    Did you check are they upgrading the lines in your area at the moment? Ask specifically for that info, they generally don't tell you otherwise which is annoying

Cheers for the response m8, not gonna bother relying on NTL for info, will just find another place

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

You very unlucky in Grosvenor Square most road around Grosvenor Square have BB available. But a bit of good news for you though upgrading is due to start in May and be completed by July

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Selkies

DingDong wrote: »
    You very unlucky in Grosvenor Square most road around Grosvenor Square have BB available. But a bit of good news for you though upgrading is due to start in May and be completed by July

I'm moving into the same place and the pain is that I need broadband in the mean time. I might be able to hold out for a month or two if I knew for sure that they were going to put it in but I rang up NTL and they said they weren't planning to put it in for the next year.

Looking at metro from digiweb atm, we have it at work and it seems to do the job fine. 99 euro install and the 12 month contract are the downsides, decent speed and works where I live right now are the upsides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Selkies

Selkies wrote: »
    I'm moving into the same place and the pain is that I need broadband in the mean time. I might be able to hold out for a month or two if I knew for sure that they were going to put it in but I rang up NTL and they said they weren't planning to put it in for the next year.

Looking at metro from digiweb atm, we have it at work and it seems to do the job fine. 99 euro install and the 12 month contract are the downsides, decent speed and works where I live right now are the upsides.

Right I called up UPC a few times and finally got the line, it will be definitely there by August.

I was also told that I will get leaflets to say that ntl has become available when it does.

There is a upc box being put in just outside the appartment complex and because of that I don't want to go with another broadband provider. I don't know of anyone else that will offer unlimited broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sizlinsimon

the hardest thing ive had to do in ireland was to find a proper home broadband all the providers are total flipin eejits.in my opinion eircom is one of the worst providers u can find i ordered eircom 7meg home 2 days ago they told offer had no line rental when i ring up for my router they said i have to pay for broadband even tho i didnt use it yet so i said ok then they put on 25 euro line rental talk about having no clue in what u r saying and doing.:pac::eek::confused::eek::mad:

Advertisement