Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gold charm jewellery in Dublin

• 10-02-2009 4:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My sister's birthday is coming up soon and I know she's looking for gold charms for her charm bracelet, ideally something wedding-related but getting gold charms of any kind would be a start.

She's tried a few places in the last couple of years anytime she's thought of it but she's only been able to find silver charms - anyone got any ideas?

Shops in Dublin city centre if possible... cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Crazy/Beautiful

Did you try in brown thomas or bt2 because i no juicy couture do charm bracelets, their gold and you can buy charms aswell!or if you try the local jewellers u might be lucky or they will tell u were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Links of London do gold charms I think. They have a shop in Dundrum and they have a shop somewhere in town but I'm not sure where... Their website is working for me at the minute but all their stuff is on it!

Website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 harveydent

Links have a shop just off Grafton st too, south ann st or the next left towards the green but if you have time check their website as it works out a lot cheaper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Cheers for the suggestions - the Juicy Couture charms would only really go with a Juicy Couture bracelet style-wise and Links was actually closed due to flooding but got sorted in the end in a place called Corr's in the Powerscourt Centre (in case anyone needs charms in future)...

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭dts1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

dts1 wrote: »

Thought the same myself....dunno what to make of it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

That's cos it isn't.

I contacted them out of curiosity and got the following reply:
    "This is Links customer service department. We are glad to hear your letter. As we have stated on our website, all our Links of london jewelries come from links of london Hong Kong Distributors, 100% Authentic sterling silver made guaranteed, exactly the same as the jewelries in Links of london stores. All our jewelries are stamped with "Links london" and will come with Links of london gift packing including a gift box. If you took the items that you purchased to the local jewelers and were told that they were not sterling silver or the prices were not worth, we will Fully Refund you money.

When you submit the order,It would normally take 1-2 working days for us to process the order and 5-7 working days for delivery.
    You can get more specific information about our products and services from F.A.Q. Look forward to having your order and serving for you!

Wish you everything goes well!"

No mention of the quality of the supposed 18ct gold links !
    Total swizz me thinks.......

I replied asking about the lack of reference regarding the 18ct gold being actually 18ct !
    This is the reply i got back:

"we are sorrry to tell that our product are 925 silver . "

Says it all........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

I replied asking about the lack of reference regarding the 18ct gold being actually 18ct !
    This is the reply i got back:

"we are sorrry to tell that our product are 925 silver . "

Says it all........

Spellings and grammer in the reply rang alarm bells for me. No way a company as well known as Links would allow somebody with such poor english to deal with customer queries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement