Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's this feature/function called?

• 10-02-2009 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

A complete novice photographer looing to buy a new digital camera, IM searching now on Pixmania.

A friend of mine showed me their camera recently (a Sony cybershot perhaps) and it had an effect on it that isolated certain colours when you took the shot- like all the reds and then the rest is B&W or something.

Anyone know what Im on about? Or what that's called so I know whether a specific camera can do that before i buy one
    Or can anyone recommend a camera up to 200EUR good that would do that?

cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

It's a nice enough option, but is really aimed at people who only want to use a point and shoot, have no real interest in post production and don't really want to follow up on photography too much.

You can do the same, to any photo, in any half decent program by just adjusting the saturation over the various colour channels.

Do you see yourself growing into photography, or just being happy to stay at the amateur end of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭La La

it's called Selective Colour.

my friend's P+S has that function but i cant remember what camera he uses.

you can do it in Photoshop too, though

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Ecocabbie

Thank you both, selective colour.. ok thanks

I would like to see myself move up eventually but am happy being amateurish for a while;). Just thought some of those type of shots might excite me into the former.

If anyone knows a model taht would do this do let me know, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I was the same, started out with the smaller camera and just got bitten by the bug. I have had a quick google there but can't find any decent information around makes or models for you i am afraid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I have a Canon P&S that does this - I'm not sure whether it's a Powershot A420 or A430, but I got it in Argos a couple years ago for less that 100 euros. As fars as I know, my Canon G9 does it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Ecocabbie

cool, thanks;)

Advertisement