Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need to get test quickly, any suggestions?

• 10-02-2009 5:14pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I applied to Churchtown about 6 months ago. I got a confirmation letter but nothing since.

I just heard that they are no longer doing bike tests in Churchtown - anyone else heard this?

Any suggestions as to how I can speed this up? Who exactly do I call to talk to them about this?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭jonnner

Ring the RSA and tell them you will do the test anywhere within reason and that you can do it at short notice to avail of any cancellations. Worked for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

mate of mine was waiting a year for his in churchtown and got a call 3 weeks ago to say they don't do it there anymore, he would have to do it in tallaght. He got an appointment in tallaght last week for march

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I just called them. They said "Did you not get a call about this?" I had not.

She said I'm at the top of the list and should get my test in the next 4-6 weeks, its going to be in Tallaght now

Apparently they've added 2 pieces to the test - Emergency stop and obstacle avoidance - should be interesting!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

I thought 'Emergency stop' was dropped because they couldn't ask people to do that maneuver in all conditions. So the test wouldn't be the same on a Sunny day as a cold wet one, so to be fair they had to stop it altogether. No?

Don't know what they'll do for 'obstacle avoidance'. I know they look for you to pass parked vehicles properly. But I don't think they'll get cardboard people to randomly shoot out at you.

Similar to emergency stop they can't create a dangerous situation for a bike and call it a test.

• Advertisement

just going on what was mentioned in the letter. Road is real poo at tallaght just outside test centre - extremely bumpy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Dorsanty wrote: »
    I thought 'Emergency stop' was dropped because they couldn't ask people to do that maneuver in all conditions. So the test wouldn't be the same on a Sunny day as a cold wet one, so to be fair they had to stop it altogether. No?

Don't know what they'll do for 'obstacle avoidance'. I know they look for you to pass parked vehicles properly. But I don't think they'll get cardboard people to randomly shoot out at you.

Similar to emergency stop they can't create a dangerous situation for a bike and call it a test.

It's an new EU law so they can't get rid of it. An emergency can happen at any time not just dry sunny days and it's a 50km/h swerve test not obstacle avodiance. I'd say they'll do it at the same time they do the walking pace ride as that's always on a quite road.

At least we're not as bad as the UK and their incompetent regulators, who due to not being aware the 50km/h is over 30mph have forced all their tests onto off road centres which they are having trouble building and even when built will force learners to do huge milage to get to their test

Advertisement