Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to stay in Midleton

Options
  • 10-02-2009 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheapish place to stay in Middleton for one night. The hotel is out of my range and the place needs to be walking distance from the town. Anyone know of any guesthouses, b&bs or pubs that have rooms in the actual town?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Might find something here

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

there is a youth hostel near the centre of town, not sure if they have single rooms or just dorms. its called An Stor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

An Stor is definitely the most central out of all the places on the list LilMrsDahamsta
    posted above. While the accommodation located in Cahermone, Castleredmond, Ballinacurra, Cork Road, Mill Road are all a short enough walk from the town :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

Just thought I would throw this into this topic.
    Stayed in Rossacarby this weekend. In the Celtic Cross hotel.
    Bloody fantastic.
    €90 for a room for two which includes a large breakfast.
    Dinner the night before came to €87 which included two bottles of wine. This included starter, main course and afters.
    The staff were great. Very helpful.
    The room was spotless.
    We arrived at 1pm (2 hours before check in time) but were given a room immediately.
    The only complaint I would have is that they had no entertainment on, but the town is only 5 mins walk and all of the local bars have music.

Oh and by the way, their brown bread is to die for. I asked for the receipe but alas was refused
    9 out of 10 in my books and I have stayed in a few places across the country.
    Cheap, Clean, Very Friendly and a fantastic view from the rooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

<
    Rosscarbery West Cork.

>
    Midleton East Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    <
    Rosscarbery West Cork.

>
    Midleton East Cork.

:eek: Know that much.
    Just thought I would give the Celtic Cross a plug. Not that often that people plug a place where the service and prices are good. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

The Gish wrote: »
    :eek: Know that much.
    Just thought I would give the Celtic Cross a plug. Not that often that people plug a place where the service and prices are good. :P

Must have been so relaxing you forgot the name of the hotel. The Celtic Ross I presume?

Advertisement