Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from C'land to city centre

Options
  • 10-02-2009 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, what's the best way to get into town for 9.00am these days, am back to work soon.
    Used to take the 84x last year. It's good but am looking for other ideas too.
    Not keen on Dart as I am going to the far side of the green and its 30min walk from Pearse.
    What time do you need to set out driving ??
    Anyone using the Luas, is there anywhere to park near the station??
    All advice welcome, Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Toto_02 wrote: »
    Hi, what's the best way to get into town for 9.00am these days, am back to work soon.
    Used to take the 84x last year. It's good but am looking for other ideas too.
    Not keen on Dart as I am going to the far side of the green and its 30min walk from Pearse.
    What time do you need to set out driving ??
    Anyone using the Luas, is there anywhere to park near the station??
    All advice welcome, Thanks

Tbh 84x is probably still you're best option if you are that side of the green.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Tbh 84x is probably still you're best option if you are that side of the green.
    +1

I used to drive to work (work just off the green too) and my stress levels plummeted after I started using the Dart and then even more when I started taking the 84x.

If you were looking to take Luas, you need to be at the park and ride seriously early to be sure of a spot. I wouldn't bother looking after 7:30am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

All 84x's except the 0745 departure from Kilcoole will have you in before 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Toto_02

Thanks for all the replies, the 84x it is so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Misslizzy

Hi There!

How long does the 84X take?

I've been getting a lift to the LUAS for the last 1.5 years. The dart was too hit and miss: if you were unlucky you could end up standing the whole way in and they the whole way out again in the evening - nearly fainted once and only do it now in an emergency.

If the clampers were more enthusiastic at the LUAS park and rides it might help matters. The sign usually says that places are available which means people are no longer paid up! There is usually a long line of cars on the main sandyford/clonskeagh road which must be from people using the LUAS.

I'm looking for a quicker way to town myself. From time to time, the trip to Sandford can take an hour depending on traffic and weather conditions and the humour of the gods... But for me, at least I get to spend that time with my husband which is good for us... even when we are rowing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Welcome to Boards!

The bus journey time varies. This morning the 7:45, which passes through Charlesland at approx 7:55 took an hour and twenty minutes to reach the Green. Last week, with mid-term break it took about 55 mins.

The earlier ones can be much faster, the first one out of Charlesland rarely takes more than 50 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Misslizzy wrote: »
    Hi There!

How long does the 84X take?

I've been getting a lift to the LUAS for the last 1.5 years. The dart was too hit and miss: if you were unlucky you could end up standing the whole way in and they the whole way out again in the evening - nearly fainted once and only do it now in an emergency.

you'll always get a seat on the Dart in the morning (not the commuter train though). Hit and miss coming back in the evening, but presumably the Luas is the same...

Advertisement