Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domain name?

Options
  • 10-02-2009 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi

Im looking to set up my website and we are talking about what url to for for our company 'trombetta'. am i better off making my url trombettacoffee.ie (we do coffee) to help search engines rank us higher when people enter the word 'Coffee' or should we just stick to trombetta.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Hi,

If if there is little competition in the Irish market for 'coffee' and if it's just the Irish market you are targeting then I recommend using the more memorable and brand-able domain; trombetta.ie. Your site should rank high for 'coffee' in google.ie if you concentrate on some simple on page SEO for your homepage (H1 text, page title, meta description, related keywords to coffee in your copy, etc...).

If there is a lot of competition for 'coffee' in Google.ie then going with trombettacoffee can help you climb the SERPs quicker for the word coffee.

You could always get both and begin using trombettacoffee.ie and then once that site is ranking well you can 301 redirect it to trombetta.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 apex_xepa

hi

Thanks for the advice,

Aaron

Advertisement