Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy G7 - HK MP7A1 -- are there problems ?

Options
  • 10-02-2009 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I'm interested in this gun, so I looked on some pages and found it on MIA. I called them and they told me that they don't sell this gun any more, because of problems. But which problems ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

jeez, dont buy that MP7, you'll get more value for your money by wiping your ar*e with it.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭HarryHirsch

I've heard about some battery issues. But with a soldering iron and a 7.2V Lipo should this problem been fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm interested in this gun, so I looked on some pages and found it on MIA. I called them and they told me that they don't sell this gun any more, because of problems. But which problems ?

Ok, here goes....

Bad gearbox assembly(though good parts)
    Selector arm is junk, just bends.
    Hop is junk.
    Mags are junk.
    External finish is pretty bad.
    Stock is far to weak.
    Motor contacts break.
    All internal parts bar the GB and motor are made from the cheapest plastic ever.

The list goes on, mine now works on FA only, but I've opened mine countless times after it repeatedly died.

The only good thing going for it is slightly higher FPS than the Well and BE models. TBH, I wouldnt bother bar a TM, but they are a complete ripoff, comon, 260 for an AEP???

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Ok, here goes....

Bad gearbox assembly(though good parts)
    Selector arm is junk, just bends.
    Hop is junk.
    Mags are junk.
    External finish is pretty bad.
    Stock is far to weak.
    Motor contacts break.
    All internal parts bar the GB and motor are made from the cheapest plastic ever.

The list goes on, mine now works on FA only, but I've opened mine countless times after it repeatedly died.

The only good thing going for it is slightly higher FPS than the Well and BE models. TBH, I wouldnt bother bar a TM, but they are a complete ripoff, comon, 260 for an AEP???

Is Galaxy generally a crap brand, I was looking at a cheap s/h MP5. sorry to butt into your thread, Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

No, Galaxy do decent MP5's actually, the issue is their micro gearbox used in aeps like the MP7. To be frank, it's a pile of colleus. Their MP5k and PDW are noted as being excellent pieces for the mere €100 price tag.

Incidentally, I have a TM MP7 and paid nowhere near €260 for it. I actually paid €200, which may seem high for what is seen as an AEP, but then again it's a super compact smg with the niftiest battery change system I've ever seen and a profile ideal for cqb or even back up use. It's not for everyone, but I see it as money very well spent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭HarryHirsch

I have the Galaxy MP5 PDW and its a nice kit. Nothing to complain.
    What about the first clone,the Well MP7. The only problem that I've read about it in reviews is, that the gears may break.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Both the Galaxy and Well MP7's are horrific. Not only the self destructing gearbox, but the overall build is severely lacking in quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The odd thing is that they did the skorpion so well, gearbox is perfect and all controls and build are top notch.

I havn't seen a working mp7 bar two that Richie had stripped and completely re-did, or the TM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 proudtobeirish

I have the Galaxy MP5 PDW and its a nice kit. Nothing to complain.
    I have the Galaxy MP5 PDW and i have encountered the following problems

• Broken piston
    • Dodgy gearbox
    • Jamming
    • Misfeeds
    • Broken contacts
    • And the worst a fried motor(it started smoking and sparking)
    I have opened it countless times and have fixed one problem just for another to occur, this might be just mine though, but in my opinion stay awy from Galaxy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

my galaxy mp7 nearly went on fire then stopped working!!

like the lads said i stripped mine countless times to try and fixed it...what i found wrong( at different stages)

motor contacts broke,
    battery contacts welded themselves together,
    trigger contacts broke never found out what happened with them.

in short dont go near it.

if you want something good, small and with full auto capability get yourself a glock 18c with some extended mags for it!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

My Galaxy MP5K is a wonderful little thing. Absolutely no problems at all and I got it second hand as well.

Advertisement