Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo weekender

Options
  • 10-02-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Had a look through todays sligo weekender. On the bottom of the front page is printed

€400.000. thats the amount of heroin that MAY be stashed in sligo.
    It beggars belief that this kind of lazy journalism is allowed.

opinions??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

frag420 wrote: »
    Had a look through todays sligo weekender. On the bottom of the front page is printed

€400.000. thats the amount of heroin that MAY be stashed in sligo.
    It beggars belief that this kind of lazy journalism is allowed.

opinions??

Sligo Weekender? Lazy Journalism? Sounds about right to me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

actually gets better as there is an add in there for a cake sale in aid of a local diabetes society!!

made my day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Oh, the Irony.... Its killin me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 juicyjellybabe

Yeah, but I'm a bit more concerned about the top headline- 500 jobs lost here in January :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Yeah, but I'm a bit more concerned about the top headline- 500 jobs lost here in January :eek:

500 jobs have been lost in January, but a further 400,000 may be stashed somewhere around Sligo.

As for the diabetic cake sale, well, I nearly laughed my leg off at that one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sure on Page 19 there is a story with the headline "Feis Shligigh are dates revealed". Reminds me of the naked gun film where yer man is reading the paper and the headline is "Dyslexia for cure found".

Advertisement