Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Training - Basics to Streaming Video..?

Options
  • 10-02-2009 6:51pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks - in particular flash users!

I need to get myself trained up for work in flash, with a view to being able to handle flash streaming/player creation at some point in the next few months.

I use Photoshop and Dreamweaver CS3 every day, but my only flash experience is in basic animations in Flash 4!

Would people recommend doing some sort of a basic course (like this, for e.g.), and then maybe training myself up in the video streaming aspect myself? I reckon I should get a good grounding in the basics or it will be a struggle.

I can't seem to find any courses that deals with the video player aspect.

Also, are the lynda.com courses worthwhile? I have heard good things - but I'm not sure they are a substitute to on site training.

Any thoughts etc. welcome. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I've heard great things about Lynda.com

Also, this link is very good. It's got a nice structure of lessons and examples that slowly build on each other over time:
    http://www.flash-creations.com/notes/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i used lynda, its pretty much knowing
    symbols+pivot points, and then motion tween,
    everything else falls into play after that.

Advertisement