Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thrash Metal

• 10-02-2009 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

The thread for appreciation of probably the most awesome form of metal.

Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, et al.

And I post a link to the essential rules for this genre:

http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/fun_comments.php?fun_id=82

(Note: not to be taken seriously, on anyone's part).

Also, check out the rules for the other sub-genres.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I think Trash Metal for me always encompasses the essential question as to who is better, Dave Mustaine or Metallica, and as time goes on I am beginning to believe its Metallica who made the wrong move by sacking Dave Mustaine.

It would have been interesting to see the band Metallica could have been with the lineup Ulrich, Burton, Hetfield and Mustaine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

it would have been interesting,no doubt...

but it had clearly gotten to the point where they COULDNT work together anymore.

Also, Kirk is a very very good guitarist. Hes not nearly as technically proficient as Dave,or in fact alot of other guitarists, but within Metallica he has prospered and has a real gift for memorable lead lines that add vital colour and texture to the song.I think Daves lead lines can be a little wanky sometimes.

but it had clearly gotten to the point where they COULDNT work together anymore.

They could have released Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning and Puppets at a stretch. Justice for All would have been a postumous release and I can imagine that if Mustaine had of been in the band then Hanger 18 would have been on MOP and the band would have split up after Burton died because Mustaine wouldnt have seen the point - so In My Darkest Hour would have been on Justice for All

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭niallith

i wouldnt really consider metallica as "thrash metal" anymore,
    gimme some annihilator :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭cianl1

Well, maybe they were wrong to fire Dave, I don't know. Could have checked him into rehab or something, but the way Mustaine went on after he got sacked was what soured me to him. Just trash talking James and Lars all the time. He even had a go at Kirk, even though he had nothing to do with it, just simply because he was the guy who replaced him.

I'm not denying Megadeath their place in history, they've no doubt earned that, but I still think Dave Mustaine is a tool. His drinking was such that he was blind to the point of not seeing that he was acting like a complete prick.

• Advertisement

cianl1 wrote: »
    He even had a go at Kirk, even though he had nothing to do with it, just simply because he was the guy who replaced him

Kirk replacing him was Kirk's crime

And Mustaine has said on camera, in an interview to Dave Novardo,that he slept with Kirk's girlfriend behind Kirk's back

Nice one Ghost!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Curses.
    That was suppose to be videos of Sadus - Certain Death, Kreator - Pleasure to Kill and Exodus - Fabulous Disaster.

Well then go ahead and post them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Oh... okay then, if i really must.

Classic Thrash from 1990, i give you Sacred Reich! Took this album out for a spin earlier and forgot how f*cking good it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

all this talk about thrash and testament thoroughly ignored even though they just played!! gasp :)

jim o doom wrote: »
    all this talk about thrash and testament thoroughly ignored even though they just played!! gasp :)

Are you serious? They had their own appreciation thread only a few weeks ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Are you serious? They had their own appreciation thread only a few weeks ago!

which I somehow managed to miss!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭dasdog

One of the sideline bands. Not the greatest technically but not a cliché sound.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Not a huge thrash fan but this Kreator song just kicks ass :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

How the hell did i manage to miss D.R.I? Loved Trashzone as a teen. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Does anyone remember Xentrix's cover version of Ghostbusters?

Found my 12" copy of it just last week.

Overkill's Years of Decay was one of the best thrash albums very imo.
    chug chug chug

smooch71 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember Xentrix's cover version of Ghostbusters?

Found my 12" copy of it just last week.

Yep, i also remember the wacked out video for it too. How stoned was everyone involved? :D

There's no video like a stoned video my friend.:D

Some of the best videos were created when the people involved were all f'ing baked, you know?

• Advertisement

cianl1 wrote: »
    There's no video like a stoned video my friend.:D

Some of the best videos were created when the people involved were all f'ing baked, you know?

Some of the best albums came out under the same influence too, Extra Hot Sauce - Taco Of Death was one. Best cover of freebird ever. :D

I finally understand the term half-baked. haha! :D

Advertisement