Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ak74u kalash safety problem

Options
  • 10-02-2009 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

The safety on my kalash aks74u is not working,
    when i move the safety switch it doesnt change from safety to fulkl or semi auto anymore.and the switch feels a bit loose (well easier to move than normally) any ideas on what wrong? and what should i do?:mad::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

On my ak47 where the fire selector is thers a piece of plastic over the screw,simply remove that and tighten the screw.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

There isnt a screw on the kalash.

Your fire selector may have come off the selector gear.

You'll have to strip the gun down a bit to fix it, or bring it to someone who can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

There is an actual screw on it, it just doesn't have a head on it.,

you need to grab it with a pliers or something, its not a big job on them, its fairly straight forward.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

If he cant select auto etc. though the selector gear may have slipped.

Hope it is just a case of being loose though, good luck with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the lever sometimes get a little worn and doesnt grip the little barrel thingy that goes into the selector gear. usually a case of reseating it or worst case, bending it back a little., :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement