Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why aren't people gunning for the Greens?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

That's plenty to be honest.

Well I think that they've achieved far more in Government then they would have outside of it. I provided a link earlier to some of their achievements, and while it's not where I want the country to be, it's a step in that direction.

The main point in my post is that if I was to say "The Greens are the best party that have been in government in decades" - you would rightly ask "how so!?" And I would list things, and we'd have a nice discussion and we'd both learn things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Cliste, I take what you say and I understand it but we don't need bleedin' fruit and veg schemes for kids right now.

As Vincent Browne said to a Green Party TD a few weeks ago - "So what?!... The country's in a crisis and ye have got some standards and regulations with regards advertising sweeties to kids. So what?"

Green.jpg

Couldn't even save Tara :rolleyes:
    Dublin Bus is still rubbish.

Cliste, I take what you say and I understand it but we don't need bleedin' fruit and veg schemes for kids right now.

As Vincent Browne said to a Green Party TD a few weeks ago - "So what?!... The country's in a crisis and ye have got some standards and regulations with regards advertising sweeties to kids. So what?"

At least you've given me something to work with this time!

My take on it would be that they're doing damn well in their areas, surely any stick to do with Financial matters should go to Lenihan?
    Couldn't even save Tara :rolleyes:
    Dublin Bus is still rubbish.

How could they save Tara?

And Dublin Bus isn't great alright, and given the current crisis it'll not be getting better, but I think that that has more to do with the spread of the population around the greater Dublin area, and that catering to the needs of transport is very different here, we've got lot's of low density housing going miles and miles from the city - I'm not sure how it can be improved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

The Greens could have at least prevented Dublin Bus from firing workers, cancelling the nitelink and then the big wigs taking their bonuses as well with only a small reduction on them.

The Greens could have at least prevented Dublin Bus from firing workers, cancelling the nitelink and then the big wigs taking their bonuses as well with only a small reduction on them.

I think that given the lack of money at the moment that Dublin Bus cannot afford it given that the Government cannot now step in.

This was an interesting thread about it.

Do tell me more about the bonus's though

either which way, thats Noel Dempsey's department, can he not take any of the flak/responsibility himself?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

Focus your ire on Fianna Fail. Don't attack the Greens- FF would have a coalition without them.

Advertisement