Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A request for M7 construction photos

Options
  • 10-02-2009 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just posting this here in the hopes that one of you happens to live close to some of the M7 construction sites, especially the Nenagh to Castletown scheme. If that's you, my plea is that you would kindly take a few minutes to snap a few photographs of the works, and post them either here on this thread, or, alternatively, on the appropriate M7 threads here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/tags.php?tag=motorway

My usual haunts on boards.ie are the Commuting and Transport and Infrastructure forums. There we have several posters who have taken pictures of various N25, M8 and M6 construction projects. But we have very few photos of the M7, and none at all of the Nenagh to Castletown scheme.

So please please please, if you live near one of these projects, do take a picture or two to let us all know how much progress is being made.

Many thanks,

Furet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jagged

Im workin on this scheme..(Castletown-nenagh)
    I will bring my camera on saturday and get some pics,;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

jagged wrote: »

That would be great. Thanks a million Jagged.

Just wondering if anyone living in Roscrea can take a photo of the M7 where it will cross the N62 3km south of the town (i.e., the future junction 22)?

We over in infrastructure are mad to see pictures of this M7 scheme. Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Noli

I drive from Roscrea to Thurles every day for work,il take some tomorrow morning

• Registered Users Posts: 24,222 ✭✭✭✭phog

jagged wrote: »

What's the expected time of completion for this section?

• Advertisement

Thanks Noli, would be great. We have two threads on the infrastructure forum about the M7.

The section of M7 in question here is due for completion close to the end of 2010. It seems to be on schedule (barely). However, we'll have a better indication of how its doing when we see pictures, as official completion date targets are rarely accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Furet wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone living in Roscrea can take a photo of the M7 where it will cross the N62 3km south of the town (i.e., the future junction 22)?

Not the easiest place to get photos due to traffic lights plastic barrier/bollards,only one lane open(n62) controlled by the lights.
    Last time I got a look recently it only barely resembled a road.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement