Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting an Overdraft

Options
  • 10-02-2009 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I have never applied for an Overdraft before, I was just wondering what exactly is involved. I am not working at the moment but I could proove that I will have an income over the next few months. Will this work against me? Does anyone know? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'm with AIB. I called telephone banking on my lunch. THey transferred me through to the relevant dept. Took about 5 mins of questions on the phone. 2 days later I had it active on my account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

5 mins of questions? Would it be easier to go into a Branch? I have a house that is on the market to be rented, if I could get a letter from the Agency guaranteeing that there would be income & also proof of savings & investments, would this work? Anyone know?

This is the only way I've applied. I don't see how a bank would be quicker and given the time taken to get to the bank, find parking, queue up, etc etc I opted for the phone option.

I really dislike banks so anything that can be done online or over the phone gets my vote.

I guess the bank have their own internal credit scoring etc that you have to go through. I got my OD about 6 months ago maybe .. so not sure how things have changed more recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Glacier

Thanks. Any other help?

Glacier wrote: »
    Thanks. Any other help?
    Don't ask for any more than you actually need .. it's dangerous when you start to treat your OD like you have money in your account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement