Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cup Final Package

Options
  • 10-02-2009 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Got an email earlier today about availability for the cup final

Accom and Match ticket only

2 nights B&B in a 4* hotel in Kensington and a match ticket - €349.00

Joe Walsh Tours (Attn Gill)
    Telephone 353 1 8722555

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

is that in the spurs end Shane have you any idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

KingdomYid wrote: »
    is that in the spurs end Shane have you any idea?

No idea mate, sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

no worries man i will check it out cheers for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

KingdomYid wrote: »
    no worries man i will check it out cheers for the info
    I have been looking for tickets and I can tell you It will be in the Manure end - for some reason, just like last year Spurs supporters are getting it up the arse while manure packages are in some cases 2/300 cheaper - how, why is this?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

John W wrote: »
    I have been looking for tickets and I can tell you It will be in the Manure end - for some reason, just like last year Spurs supporters are getting it up the arse while manure packages are in some cases 2/300 cheaper - how, why is this?:(

Because there is more demand from Spurs fans than United. Simple economics.

• Advertisement

Because there is more demand from Spurs fans than United. Simple economics.
    Surly there are more Manure fans then there are Spurs fans, so how can there be more demand (volume that is) - Are you saying that Manure fans are just are not arsed to go because it is the Carling cup? I am not sure myself, I think manure will take there full 32k allocation or whatever it was - and i think if they were given 40k, they could still sell them all! So I think it is more about Spurs fans being more Desperate and willing to pay over the odds as we never get to a final, and Manure will have many chances - so maybe that is what you are calling demand - I call it ripping us off, but then again if we are stupid enough to pay €700 for a hotel and ticket package more fools us. I do think our club should be doing more to curb this, after all they are the ones who are allocating tickets to these scumbag tour operators.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Surly there are more Manure fans then there are Spurs fans, so how can there be more demand (volume that is) - Are you saying that Manure fans are just are not arsed to go because it is the Carling cup?

Pretty much, yes.

They are on course for another PL win, probably will advance in the CL (maybe even the final), and they'll be playing half a team of reserves (OK, good quality squad players)

Same happened with Chelsea (and I know they have a smaller fanbase than United) last year, their end was full of Spurs fans.

We have a bigger demand, as you put it we have been starved of success, and this will probably be our last cup final for a while.

Do you think tour operators are deliberately screwing Spurs fans while letting United fans off the hook? I think that's odd if you do.

Pretty much, yes.

They are on course for another PL win, probably will advance in the CL (maybe even the final), and they'll be playing half a team of reserves (OK, good quality squad players)

Same happened with Chelsea (and I know they have a smaller fanbase than United) last year, their end was full of Spurs fans.

We have a bigger demand, as you put it we have been starved of success, and this will probably be our last cup final for a while.

Do you think tour operators are deliberately screwing Spurs fans while letting United fans off the hook? I think that's odd if you do.

No, I don't think for a second they care what team you support - but still they are taking advantage of the fact that they can get more money off of Spurs supporters than utd one, and they know it, for the "exact same ticket"!!

That seems wrong to me, shouldn't our club officials think it is wrong also - let alone the office of fair trading? How can a tour operator justify to a governing body that the exact same package (that they pay the same cost price for) can retail for more depending on what team you support?

it is just a rip off plain and simple and I think the club should say something.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

No, I don't think for a second they care what team you support - but still they are taking advantage of the fact that they can get more money off of Spurs supporters than utd one, and they know it, for the "exact same ticket"!!

market forces. spoke to a Norwegian lad Petter last year (shane and ronan would know him i'd imagine) and he told me that the Scandinavians buying up packages for crazy money weeks in advance of the final had driven the prices through the roof.

That seems wrong to me, shouldn't our club officials think it is wrong also - let alone the office of fair trading? How can a tour operator justify to a governing body that the exact same package (that they pay the same cost price for) can retail for more depending on what team you support? it is just a rip off plain and simple and I think the club should say something.:o

do you really think that the club gives a monkeys about where the tickets end up? they don't give a toss once they get the money! if they were serious about touting (and in reality that all these tour operators are) they'd buy a few tickets and see who they were originally issued to. If they had the will to do so they could do the same on the high road at any home game but they don't want to know. They don't want to open a pandoras box!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Following Monday's deadline for One Hotspur Lilywhite and Bronze Members to apply for Carling Cup Final tickets, we are pleased to confirm the loyalty point requirement for successful applications for the Final against Manchester United at Wembley Stadium on March 1, 2009.

We have now carried out the necessary analysis of applications that were submitted by the deadline and can confirm that the number of loyalty points required for a ticket is 151 points.

All Bronze and Lilywhite Members with 151 or more points that applied in time will now be automatically allocated a ticket, with money being deducted from the payment details submitted at the time of application.

THERE IS NO NEED FOR MEMBERS WITH THE REQUIRED POINTS TOTAL TO CONTACT THE TICKET OFFICE

If you are unsure of how many points you currently have you can find out by clicking here and logging into the e-ticketing system and visiting the ‘My Account' section of the site.

Please note - All successful applicants with the required loyalty points total that applied in a group will be allocated tickets with the other members of their group who also had sufficient points.

We would like to thank all One Hotspur members for their continued support and would advise all unsuccessful applicants that in the event of any tickets being returned they will be allocated in loyalty point order to those members who have missed out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement