Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes - Trust and Blood S03E15

Options
  • 10-02-2009 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

Poll request please:

Options:
    Microwave Melting fantastical
    Time travel exciting
    Nathan don't know good or bad
    Matt Precognition boring
    Get me Hiro out of here

SPOILER WARNING:

From now on, this thread shall reveal details of the episode mentioned above. If you have not yet seen this episode, please do not move any further down the thread.

This episode shall air on:

ABC (US) - Feb 09th 2009
    RTÉ (IRL) -

If you are sure you have seen the episode as mentioned above (on the channels on those original airdates), you can move down further in order to discuss the episode.

Otherwise, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED - there shall be major plot details of the episode revealed and discussed below with no spoiler tags used!

(copied from lost forum)
    Everyone makes a run for it, though not everyone gets away.
    Sylar finds a new protégé and a new lead on his father.
    Nathan’s still a gob****e, big surprise.
    Someone dies and someone else wants revenge!
    And Claire finds a new potential ally.

So, what did you think of this one? 39 votes

Microwave Melting fantastical
    0% 0 votes
    Time travel exciting
    23% 9 votes
    Nathan don't know good or bad
    20% 8 votes
    Matt Precognition boring
    35% 14 votes
    Get me Hiro out of here
    20% 8 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

epically terrible is all i can say, everything about it was sh1t from claires batman-esque serious voice to the dodgy helicopter sfx. surprised nathan didnt say "hey pete, come give me a hug" that would have worked better

god it was bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

There were other bits of this storyline that leaned towards the annoying. I can't stand the amount of flip-flopping Nathan and Bennet have been going through.I would love for the guys to have one motivation and stick to it. Nathan was the same way. He wants to contain the people with power, but he doesn't want to hurt them. Oh, and Claire is free to go. And don't shoot my brother, I like him. I get that this episode was supposed to show Nathan's plan and power falling apart around him, but I feel it could have been pulled off more effectively.

Sylar's storyline, I enjoyed it overall. He's back to being straight evil (for now, anyway) and that benefits the character. His idea to torture an innocent family to get the soldier to give away his secrets was within character, and that's a big plus for the series.

This was not the great episode I was hoping for after last week's decent start to Volume Four, but I've seen worse. A number of intriguing set-ups have taken place -- like the mysterious text messages from "Rebel" -- and I'm still finding myself interested in finding out what might happen next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

It was a meh episode. I enjoyed the Sylar bits but not much else.

Also
    Its confirmed Peter gets abilitys by touch, and only hold one at a time.
    Also confused how Matt and co escaped from the shoot out at the tail of the plane?

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

pretty ugh episode. Again, I like that Sylar is evil, it suits his character best.
    That the kid had a power was too predictable, but I'd like to see his character develop a bit, could go somewhere

As an aside, did anyone else think that at the end
    with Tracey in the back of the van
    that one of the soldiers there looked very like Private Rachel Mills from the webisode series?

I wonder if she'll work her way into the storyline somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,330 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Strike One.

Sylar was good, the rest was shyte.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Not terribly exciting to be honest. Silar was nice and evil – I liked his "I left you alive, thats a big thing for me" line but the rest was nothing special.

Do we know if this Rebel is a new character or a new name for someone we've met? I was thinking it could be Micah since it was electronic communication and had an "M" after the Unknown bit but why would he "hate them as much as" Clare? If its someone new though how would they know about her and have her number? Unless maybe its Angela? She didnt sound too pleased at the end.

Well Micah's mom died how? And of course we never learned what happened to his cousin and all that crappy shyte i dont care about ANYWAY....

But regardless, Micah was cool and had a useful ability.

Well Niki died in an explosion that had nothing to do with the government so I cant imagine that had anything to do with it. Monica (his cousin) should still be around though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

I wanted to punch claire in the face, have it heal, punch her in the face again, have it heal....you get the idea.

Someone should send her to acting school, fast.

Child Actor

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0659363/

All child actors are annoying regardless of talent (but she does suck) just take Leo DiCaprio for instance. He did get better in the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bikki

JohnK wrote: »
    Not terribly exciting to be honest. Silar was nice and evil – I liked his "I left you alive, thats a big thing for me" line but the rest was nothing special.

Do we know if this Rebel is a new character or a new name for someone we've met? I was thinking it could be Micah since it was electronic communication and had an "M" after the Unknown bit but why would he "hate them as much as" Clare? If its someone new though how would they know about her and have her number? Unless maybe its Angela? She didnt sound too pleased at the end.

M is for mobile, every phone does it

No phone I've ever had put "(M)" after a name

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

I enjoyed it to be honest. I watch lost, prison break, dexter and heroes.
    Heroes and Dexter are by far the best at the moment I think Lost has just run its course.
    Prison break is watchable
    dexter is just brilliant

Heroes has a lot of potential with the amount of powers and new ppl they could bring in to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Pure rubbish from start to finish. It would take far too long to write about what was wrong so im not gonna bother.

To the poster above who thinks this garbage is better than lost and puts it on a par with Dexter:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

That was bad.

I waited 40 minutes for it to get going and it didn't.
    Sylar was the only good thing about it.

I wonder will they do a spin off of this like friends did with that show "Joey" with Sylar.
    I could be called Sylar wickedly evil adventures with the new kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

That was a truly awful episode on so many levels. Though i did like what they did with Matt when they were being shot at. I hope they concentrate on Sylar for future eps otherwise this snorefest is really circling the drain.

The limits on Peter's new powers were a pretty silly move in my opinion anyway.It takes away just about the only interesting thing about the main character in the show. Bad move by the writers. (unless they kill him off and make this the Sylar show)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

what happend to 90's german hair girl

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Nathan: "I saw that, you had my brother cold."
    HRG: "I couldn't do it"
    Nathan: "Good"

At that point I said to myself; bullshit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

JohnK wrote:
    No phone I've ever had put "(M)" after a name

I use the Palm Treo's and Centro's in work, the ones in the show and they do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Sherifu wrote:

meh, I liked it. It showed the turmoil that he has at the moment.
    He'll switch back sides near the end of this arc I believe.
    Or the 'Hunter' guy will find out about his ability and he'll have to kill him/go on the run himself.

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »

I thought the way that went was

Nathan: "I saw that, you had Peter cold."
    HRG: "Yes I did"
    Nathan: "Thank you"

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I got the impression that it was more of a "I wouldn't do it", rather than "couldn't". And I imagine it was for Claire that he didn't do it rather than for Nathan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Poll added.

Haven't watched this one yet myself. Based on the comments above, I can't wait! Sounds like a real return to form :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

The more I think about it im annoyed. This was such a great show when it started out and they didnt really go wrong once in Season 1. Now its total rubbish. I cant believe that Bryan Fuller is involved in writing this.

What they should have done is set Nathan up as a take no prisoners bad ass by having him allow Clare or Peter to be killed (even if in typical Heroes style they never actually die). This would set us up for an interesting season with a clear villain to be dealt with. Instead everybody keeps on flipping and flopping and im left confused as to what is actually going on. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I thought the way that went was

Nathan: "I saw that, you had Peter cold."
    HRG: "Yes I did"
    Nathan: "Thank you"
    I was paraphrasing as best I could such a lame scene.

I wasn't bothered to go back and check it so i'll take your word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Yawn!

The story just doesn't appeal to me the way it used to. I'm starting to care less and less about what happens.

Sylar was good at the start, but picking up a robin like side kick doesn't do it for me at all.

Nathan is such a sack...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,500 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    I cant believe that Bryan Fuller is involved in writing this.
    He isn't involved until Episode 18 I think.

I thought it was an OK episode actually. I've seen worse.

Sherifu wrote: »
    I was paraphrasing as best I could such a lame scene.

I wasn't bothered to go back and check it so i'll take your word for it.

I figured, but pointed it out as i think the point of the scene was changed. The way you'd paraphrased it made it look like HRG didn't shoot because he cared about peter but the actual dialog shows that Nathan now owes him one for not shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Sarn

Sorry, I need to vent.

Why did it take so long for everyone to escape from the plane? As people were running out the place was already surrounded with agents.

Daphne deserved to die. Any muppet that decides to stand out in the open on a ridge when the enemy are everywhere can't expect anything else. With her speed she could have moved everybody in a moment.

Peter being able to grab a single power is fairly crap.

Character flip-flopping also bad (Nathan, Bennett). It's only a matter of time before Nathan is outed.

Sylar was good and Parkman turning the enemy on themselves was good. That was it.

Advertisement