Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heroes - Trust and Blood S03E15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Sarn wrote: »
    Sorry, I need to vent.

Why did it take so long for everyone to escape from the plane? As people were running out the place was already surrounded with agents.

Daphne deserved to die. Any muppet that decides to stand out in the open on a ridge when the enemy are everywhere can't expect anything else. With her speed she could have moved everybody in a moment.

Peter being able to grab a single power is fairly crap.

Character flip-flopping also bad (Nathan, Bennett). It's only a matter of time before Nathan is outed.

Sylar was good and Parkman turning the enemy on themselves was good. That was it.

Daphne aint dead, didnt we see the future where she gets her back burned when the nuclear bomb goes off, nuclear bomb being sylar after his son was killed......??

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

oleras wrote: »
    Daphne aint dead, didnt we see the future where she gets her back burned when the nuclear bomb goes off, nuclear bomb being sylar after his son was killed......??
    We don't know if that future will still happen now. They could have changed everything. You could be right though.

Is it just me or is Daphne's head very jerky and twichy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Is it just me or is Daphne's head very jerky and twichy?

You thinking what im thinking ? :pac: i could even see past that wart like thing on her nose....lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You thinking what im thinking ?

But one twitch in the wrong direction and she could rip it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I can't see why Claire didn't immediately slit her wrists all over Daphne.
    Don't like how they killed off the newest Hero with one of the funnest powers, and who gave some sort of purpose to Parkman.
    I like Sylar Jr. Did Sylar suggest he was his brother? Something like "you live half a block away" from his father and he had a power... maybe no.
    Peter's husky future voice is coming along. Ridiculous.
    Mohinder makes no sense.
    Nathan makes no sense.
    HRG makes no sense.

Still enjoyed it though :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I thought it was a great episode! The thing with Peter's power is ****e but he seemed to be struggling to understand it so hopefully that means he'll get over it and go back to normal. When he held the gun to Nathan's head and then suddenly burst into flight, I gasped with delight as I, for some stupid reason, didn't see it coming but it was slick anyway. As someone said, there wasn't much to the episode but it's laying a nice foundation for the short story-arc so hip ****in hip for that!

I really don't get why people don't get the whole changing the future buzz. Yes, we did see a future where she gets her back burned when the nuclear bomb goes off. And in that future, Knox was still alive but he's sure as **** dead now. We also saw a future where Peter is the bomb, where Peter is riding Niki (who is now dead btw), where a virus kills 98% of the earth's population etc etc etc. None of them are gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

also Ando ... does he have any idea how future works
    "I kill Hiro in the future, he must be alive" ... of course you did ando, and nothing of season 3 changed the future what so ever ...

But I think Ando will 'zap' hiro (like hero seen) and won't kill him, but super charge him and magically hiro's powers restored

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Now that I think of it thats probably how Peter will get his multi-power thing back too - he'll get supercharged by Ando

It's a reboot people. The writer's deprived Hiro and Pete of their powers for a reason. Time travel is out, gone, never to return.

Ever.

• Advertisement

cautioner wrote: »
    It's a reboot people. The writer's deprived Hiro and Pete of their powers for a reason. Time travel is out, gone, never to return.

Ever.

Nah, didn't you hear what Hiro said of his imminent trip to India? Something about how it was similar to his journey to find his sword in season 1 in that it will somehow help restore his powers... Peter will also get his powers back.... Or I'll stab the writers.

Nope. Tim Kring himself said the plan was to "avoid time travel. At all costs".

It doesn't make for good long-term plot. The three characters with time travel - Hiro, Peter, and Arthur lost it or were killed near the end of Volume 3. And now Daphne's dead so she can't run back in time either.
    Peter won't get his full powers back for the same reason - longevity. They ran out of things to do with him and his all-powerfulness was blocking the progression of the story. I quite like what they've done with him.

I hate it! I loved him having loadsa powers and it also meant he could effectively stand up to Sylar (like he did in "Five Years Gone"). But I do see the reasons for it alright. I think some better writing woulda sufficed, and not totally cutting the time-travelling ability from the story. But I'm glad they've cut it for now at the very least. I could live without time-travel (and Hiro in general). Agree with ye on one thing though, Peter's character has become alot stronger in recent episodes (cheesy spiel at the end of "Trust And Blood" and all...).

Oh, God, the gorgonzola of that moment :pac:
    What would Peter get if he touched Sylar? Hmmm...

Presumably he'd get all of Sylar's abilities.... And then lose them the second he touched some other chump.....

If Peter got Ando's power, he wouldn't be able to use it! Hah.

Hopefully he'd get his ass whooped.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Thought the episode was grand tbh. No big whoop one way or the other.

I like everything they're doing with this reboot so far... just hoping they can actually make it into an interesting story some time kinda soonish.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Meh. In no way a great episode, but it's very slowly moving in the right direction. Sylar is back to what made him compelling in the first series, but aside from that I doubt anything interesting is going to happen with the rest of the characters. Matt Parkman finally did something useful with his powers in this episode, but whether that will be developed remains to be seen. And really I think that's been the show's biggest problem - the characters introduced in series one have basically revolved around the status quo for them established in that first series, with really stupid motivations for them to change in ways that only make sense when viewed as plot requirements.

The plot seems to be zipping along so far, but not enough to convince me they've got ideas to make the show worth watching long-term...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Pretty craptacular again - I had high hopes with the new idea introduced with the beginning of the volume but this is already going downhill fast.

- If Hiro will never get his powers back (which he better not), why the hell spend so much time on him? Get rid of him already...
    - Nathan's flip flopping bothers me even more than HRG's. He hasn't changed a bit. Plus, about twenty times in the episode, he's called "flyboy", "one of us", etc in front of the hunter's soldiers, yet the hunter has not caught on to the fact that Nathan is "special" too?
    - Claire. Nuff 'said.

Sylar was pretty good, though I'm not sure how having a sidekick will pan out. I thought he implied the kid is his half-brother too: the mother was being called a whore by kids at school (or was that the excuse? Could be what the kid himself thinks of her...) and they live half a block from Sylar's daddy...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Sylar's storyline, I enjoyed it overall. He's back to being straight evil (for now, anyway) and that benefits the character. His idea to torture an innocent family to get the soldier to give away his secrets was within character, and that's a big plus for the series.

In all fairness i wouldent consider syler to be evil. I mean fair enough hurting two innocient people to get info out of 1 person is allot better than killing/maiming many in a bombing to get a single target...

So by that reasoning Sylar is a better person than those in the various agressive goverments like bush, barack, that isreali guy ect:)
    JohnK wrote: »
    Not terribly exciting to be honest. Silar was nice and evil – I liked his "I left you alive, thats a big thing for me" line but the rest was nothing special.

Do we know if this Rebel is a new character or a new name for someone we've met? I was thinking it could be Micah since it was electronic communication and had an "M" after the Unknown bit but why would he "hate them as much as" Clare? If its someone new though how would they know about her and have her number? Unless maybe its Angela? She didnt sound too pleased at the end.

I dont think its her because it swaped straight from the scene with the txt to her being on a phone call.

Also how do you send a txt on privite number? first time i have EVER seen or heard of that in any TV show or movie. Is that something you can do on US mobile networks but not on EU ones?
    Not terribly exciting to be honest. Silar was nice and evil – I liked his "I left you alive, thats a big thing for me" line but the rest was nothing special.

Do we know if this Rebel is a new character or a new name for someone we've met? I was thinking it could be Micah since it was electronic communication and had an "M" after the Unknown bit but why would he "hate them as much as" Clare? If its someone new though how would they know about her and have her number? Unless maybe its Angela? She didnt sound too pleased at the end.

I dont think its her because it swaped straight from the scene with the txt to her being on a phone call.

Also how do you send a txt on privite number? first time i have EVER seen or heard of that in any TV show or movie. Is that something you can do on US mobile networks but not on EU ones?
    I wanted to punch claire in the face, have it heal, punch her in the face again, have it heal....you get the idea.

Someone should send her to acting school, fast.

Sure with any luck she will **** off and follow her "music carear" she is young and because of heroes - famous i hope she leaves the show
    THEFRIDGE wrote: »
    I enjoyed it to be honest. I watch lost, prison break, dexter and heroes.
    Heroes and Dexter are by far the best at the moment I think Lost has just run its course.
    Prison break is watchable
    dexter is just brilliant

Heroes has a lot of potential with the amount of powers and new ppl they could bring in to it.

i can happily say ive learnt my lesson with dexter, i havent watched it in weeksa i think im on episode 7 of the new season and not having these random fits of excitement during the week thinking whats going to happen next ? (still happens with BSg i cant not watch that)

but with dexter im happy to wait till its over then watch them all back to back - i cant wait.

lost - Meh we will see where it goes and heroes is in the same catagory
    My problem with lost is simple, if you got an a4 pad - actually make that 2 A4 pads and started watching from 101 again and wrote down EVERY single question you had/unexplained thing so far - do you expect to get answers for even 1/2 of them?

4 toed statue - not even a single word since - i mean what logical reason would someone have to make that, why was it made and how because it looked quite big

Lets hope heroes can pick up, actually speaking of that....
    MikeHoncho wrote: »
    The more I think about it im annoyed. This was such a great show when it started out and they didnt really go wrong once in Season 1. Now its total rubbish. I cant believe that Bryan Fuller is involved in writing this.

Is he the pushing dassies writer?

I thought we would not see his writing until episode 17? i thought that was discussed in a previous boards post and i saw it mentioned on www.scifiwire.com
    Volvagia wrote: »
    Yawn!

The story just doesn't appeal to me the way it used to. I'm starting to care less and less about what happens.

Sylar was good at the start, but picking up a robin like side kick doesn't do it for me at all.

Huh> you wouldnt want to be sylars apprentace?
    Now that I think of it thats probably how Peter will get his multi-power thing back too - he'll get supercharged by Ando

I dont see that happening because then syler becomes pointless - no match for peter and sylar is not all powefull anymore its more likly that sylar will take ando's power and then "zap" himself.
    Oh, God, the gorgonzola of that moment :pac:

Probally Sylars "hunger" which i hope we never hear about again. "i have ... the hunger" *shudder*
    Presumably he'd get all of Sylar's abilities.... And then lose them the second he touched some other chump.....

If Peter got Ando's power, he wouldn't be able to use it! Hah.

What would happen if ando zapped himself?

I dont know i read the whole thread to see was there anything i was missing and i have to say i only 1/2 watched this episode, i was playing the sins of solar expansion on my other pc while watching heroes in the backround very so so and i didnt like it much. I though maybe it was because of me not paying full attention but what i found boring and ****e/cringeworthy/uninteresting other people had simmilar points.

Oh and encase noone else copped it - sylars apprentace is the kid from alliens in america

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

User45701 wrote: »
    In all fairness i wouldent consider syler to be evil. I mean fair enough hurting two innocient people to get info out of 1 person is allot better than killing/maiming many in a bombing to get a single target...

So by that reasoning Sylar is a better person than those in the various agressive goverments like bush, barack, that isreali guy ect:)

Right, so because government leaders have started wars a serial killer and apparent sociopath isn't really bad? That's a borderline-retarded

You'd need to have access to the network infrastructure, I think. In the context of the show the easiest way to do it would be to bring back your one from the first season, "Wireless", and have her co-ordinate your underground resistance...
    What would happen if ando zapped himself?

You wanted to ask what would happen if he touched himself, didn't you? Admit it...

(As for his power, it's no use by itself - even if he where to supercharge his supercharging power, it only has a usable effect when combined with another ability.)

Fysh wrote: »
    You'd need to have access to the network infrastructure, I think. In the context of the show the easiest way to do it would be to bring back your one from the first season, "Wireless", and have her co-ordinate your underground resistance...
    I'd forgotten about her and that might make sense too given how fast the replies came after Clare hit send. On the other hand though - isnt she supposed to be dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

isnt she supposed to be dead?

Is anyone on this show ever truly, 6 feet under, worm food, won't return as a zombie/avatar of some other character/another sister from a set of triplets, DEAD?!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

How come Hiro and Ando never questioned by what authority Nathan's team is arresting people in Tokyo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I'd forgotten about her and that might make sense too given how fast the replies came after Clare hit send. On the other hand though - isnt she supposed to be dead?

That was the future Hana that got shot, so present day Hana should still be alive

Im pretty pissed off watchin this series tbh

If I hafta watch another "Noah grabbin Claire by the arm to tell her everything he's doin is for the greater good" scene Ill flip out

And its even more crappy cos new Skins & 24 are amazo!

Heroes RIP...... :(

unreggd wrote: »
    That was the future Hana that got shot, so present day Hana should still be alive

In the online comic she got physically killed. But seemingly entered cyberspace forever as she is online chatting to Micah about DL and her mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Yeah, thats what happened in the comic/novel

But so far on screen she should still be alive

I thought the comic and the show were supposed to expand on each other so if shes dean in the comic then shouldnt that translate over to the show?

I thought the comic and the show were supposed to expand on each other so if shes dean in the comic then shouldnt that translate over to the show?

The comics were introduced as canon, I guess we can assume they are until proven otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭savemejebus

iguana wrote: »
    In the online comic she got physically killed. But seemingly entered cyberspace forever as she is online chatting to Micah about DL and her mother.

did she not get killed by a nasty computer virus in a subsequent comic though?

Advertisement