Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheaper energy prices - Bord Gais

Options
  • 10-02-2009 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

At long last, we may be in for significant reductions in our annual energy costs. According to today's Indo Bord Gais are to begin selling electricity and the speculation is that they will undercut the ESB. This is long overdue as competition in the area was really limited. Just last week Irelands Competition Authority we in the media discussing how unhealthy it was to have the ESB controlling electricity in Ireland.

ESB offer a great service in most cases but consumers will switch to the cheaper offering especially during a recession.

Hats off to Bord Gais but lets hope this isn't wild media speculation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 btq

Frigging hell given our last bill we were seriously looking at hooking up my bike to some dynamo type contraption and running the flats appliances off that....but if your saying ill have a credible alternative to that shower of robbing ESB fuggers and to my bike idea then WAHOOOOO....

Are then in already...can i move today like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭broadsheet

Turns out there are several other utilities offering electricity including Scottish Energy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,424 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

broadsheet wrote: »
    At long last, we may be in for significant reductions in our annual energy costs. According to today's Indo Bord Gais are to begin selling electricity and the speculation is that they will undercut the ESB. This is long overdue as competition in the area was really limited. Just last week Irelands Competition Authority we in the media discussing how unhealthy it was to have the ESB controlling electricity in Ireland.

ESB offer a great service in most cases but consumers will switch to the cheaper offering especially during a recession.

Hats off to Bord Gais but lets hope this isn't wild media speculation.

ooooOOOooOOhhhh, competition (me arse) the ESB are only as expensive as the regulator tell them to be. they could drop their prices by 40& overnight if they were told to and still turn a profit. They made 450 million profit last year and this year that's gonna be much higher (higher prices for us, lower prices for them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭seangal

Guys today is the day
    I call on all hard working people who are being given pay cuts ect to move there electricity supply to bord gais from midday today.
    If we all start the move maybe it will send a signal to the ESB after they gave the 3.5% pay increase to there staff when the county is going down the tube
    Act now and move you ESB bill today at midday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Already a thread covering today here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055491544

Advertisement