Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 customer service

Options
  • 10-02-2009 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

My wife recently became a 3 customer having switched from o2 but she has been experiencing woeful customer service from the Indian call centre. Has anyone else experienced anything similar????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

broadsheet wrote: »
    My wife recently became a 3 customer having switched from o2 but she has been experiencing woeful customer service from the Indian call centre. Has anyone else experienced anything similar????
    Yes, a lot of people have. Just search for 3 in this[/ur] forum.

The general feeling I get is that when 3 works they're great but if you have to resort to calling customer care then you're in for the long haul. These are my feelings on the issue too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Offhand I think that anyone I know who switched to 3 ended up leaving due to the dreadful customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭broadsheet

leaving after a short time is ridiculous for a company who are agressively seeking customers in this area.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Offhand I think that anyone I know who switched to 3 ended up leaving due to the dreadful customer service.

I found their customer service fine but when I used them they were in Glasgow :) I moved from Three billpay to Meteor PAYG as I wanted free txts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

My wife decided she wanted billpay with 3, i warned her but did she listen?
    She certainly found out all about it as they could not transfer her number properly and ended up cancelling the sim. The lads in the 3 shop got on to them and tore into someone and it was sorted eventually. A month later she got a final reminder bill? Seems the muppets had also cancelled the direct debit when they cancelled the sim and did not set it back up again when it was re-activated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Saruman wrote: »
    My wife decided she wanted billpay with 3, i warned her but did she listen?
    She certainly found out all about it as they could not transfer her number properly and ended up cancelling the sim. The lads in the 3 shop got on to them and tore into someone and it was sorted eventually. A month later she got a final reminder bill? Seems the muppets had also cancelled the direct debit when they cancelled the sim and did not set it back up again when it was re-activated.

Dealing with them is like watching laurel and hardy in action

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

If I find out a company i'm using has their customer/technical support in India, I won't stay with that company. I've had too many bad experiences with Indian support people, even understanding them can be a real trial sometimes, and it's like talking to an automaton, they won't deviate from their script at all and they honestly feel if they are polite but can't/won't solve your problem then that's a good support call. I know this for a fact as I have worked with an Indian outsourcing company in the past.

If you call 3 you can insist they put you through to the call centre in Glasgow. I had to do this when I kept ringing their UK support number and for some bizarre reason kept getting through to an old sounding Indian man who didn't seem to speak any English and didn't sound like he was in a call centre!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Dealing with HP is a pain as all their support is in India. No choice though if the customer already has HP servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Escaped from 3 today :D after a year of dropped calls, bad handsets and dreadful customer service.
    Once you go out of the main stream areas the coverage was terrible, i live in an area with great coverage for all networks 3G except 3 barely got Gsm and no coverage in the kitchen or overnight while the phone was on my locker

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭-aboutagirl-

If something goes wrong when you're on the 3 network it's incredibly frustrating. The call centre won't budge from their script and it seems that their solution to every problem is to tell you remove your sim card, wipe it and put it back in!

• Advertisement
Advertisement