Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Download Cap

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

So does anyone know what the story is? Are they just leaving it reset? I don't really think they can go back to their old records of how much people downloaded at this stage. There'd be war.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Hey everyone,

Our guys have been working on this problem for last few days and the good news is that the data recording and the capping algorithm now look like they are both working correctly and as intended.

An arcane error was found in some synchronization routines that were being used in the background and it was these that caused the problem to occur that resulted in people getting capped unexpectedly. Following successful testing, it's all going to be returned to normal working over the weekend, so myTraffic will start showing correct figs afterwards.

I think the support guys will officially drop you a mail when that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Thanks Regi. It's great to have a service provider in this country that actually listens, fixes and follows up in a timely fashion for their customers.

I've had digiweb for 3 years now without any incidents in the past so it's great to have this resolved to expeditiously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I'm not getting any stats at all now, just a page without the summarty. It was fine up until last nite except for the reset a week ago, which was nice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

wonder if they will clear counters seeing as they messed up the stats and most of us are flying blind at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I have found the root of all your problems, you are with Digiweb. I do have a cure for this also, leave digiweb. Do not deal with this incompetent shower of fools.

I am getting billed 3 months after cancelling my account, they took money from my credit card without my authority because "it was the only information we had".

I suggest going with another company. I am paying less with another company, a wired connection with a 1:1 contention ratio, never any downtime and a fair useage policy of 250 gigs.

I suggest giving them a ring and checking out their service. I would recommend them to anyone.

I would plead with anyone to avoid digiweb at all costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Hey everyone,

Further update: we've turned all the scripts back on. This means that we are once again counting your traffic and you will now again get suspended if you use too much.
    Kristok wrote: »
    wonder if they will clear counters seeing as they messed up the stats and most of us are flying blind at the moment.

Yep :-) In the spirit of 'oops sorry about that', we've had a general amnesty on everyone's cap. You've been zero'd! We've also updated the stats interface a little too.

Sorry again! Hopefully normal service from here on!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

regi wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Further update: we've turned all the scripts back on. This means that we are once again counting your traffic and you will now again get suspended if you use too much.

Yep :-) In the spirit of 'oops sorry about that', we've had a general amnesty on everyone's cap. You've been zero'd! We've also updated the stats interface a little too.

Sorry again! Hopefully normal service from here on!

Regi, just in the interest of clarity, can you let us know if the above applies to all Digiweb customers including those on bitstream DSL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Mine seems to be reset too though i don't think the zero started today but rather than when the problems started 2 weeks or so ago as i have not been on pc since last Friday and todays total is 29Mb.

Last 24hrs 30.72M

Last 7days 303.56M

Last 30 days 493.78M

NEW COLUMN HERE :)
    Since last traffic
    counter reset 29.86M

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Ditched Digiweb last month and went to Magnet. Faster and no limits:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Intriguing, my stats got reset for the 2nd time late last evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I've been getting a 60k upload rate for the last week. The download seems normal.

I've been on to DigiWeb all week but I can't get a straight answer from them. They tell me to leave on my equipment. I leave it on. They reply to tell me that my equipment was not on. I tell them it was. etc. etc. etc. They seem to be trying to fix the problem or reset something without letting me know what that thing is.

I've checked my stats and I've gone above 10gb but I'm below 12gb. I don't know if the limit is 10 or 12 for the HomeWave package I'm on.

They've just got another 12 months' payment of €420 off me so I suppose they can do what they like now. Could I get my money back at this point? I'd like to ditch DigiWeb for good.

Advertisement