Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget restaurant for Valentine's day

• 10-02-2009 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi everyone :)

Just wondering if anybody knows any good places in Dublin to eat for Valentines day?? We don't usually celebrate on valentines day, but I've decided last minute that I actually want to do something this year!
    We're both students and on a tight budget (€10-18 per person)
    We're not too fussed on any particular cuisine, just somewhere tasty would be nice!

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Worst night of the year to go to a restaurant regardless of budget.
    My advice is spend the money on good ingredients and wine and cook them their favourite meal. More personal and shows more thought and effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Carmeii

Be careful cuz alot of places will have set menus and could cost u 50 per head!
    wagamamas is nice, but maybe not romantic enough for valentines day.
    some places put their prices up especially for valentines, so i usually will avoid eating out on actual valentines night.
    Milano's on dawson street is really nice if u like pizzas and is very resonably priced i think. Thats where i would go anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Carmeii

Worst night of the year to go to a restaurant regardless of budget.
    My advice is spend the money on good ingredients and wine and cook them their favourite meal. More personal and shows more thought and effort.

Which is exactly what im doing this year! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I agree that cooking a nice meal would be preferable. You could also afford a bottle of wine within that budget :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Even the Marks and Spencer dine for two offer they are running this week would beat over booked, over priced set menus most places offer on Valentines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Bufflefrog

Yeah I've heard some restaurants put up the prices on Valentines Day, and that's the last thing I'd need on a tight budget :P

I think I might just go with the general opinion here and buy some decent ingredients and cook for him instead :)

Thanks for all the advice guys :D

Advertisement