Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UOC 2 European MMA Titles!

Options
  • 10-02-2009 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey guys our 2nd show is coming together well. We have 2 European UOC Title Belts on the line Between Paul Cowzer from Dublin and Damo Rooney from Newry, this is shaping up to be a great match with 2 of the best Irish fighters in their weight class clashing in front of what sould be a 1500 capacity crowd.

Christopher Gallagher from Strabane is clashing with Daniel Gibbons, England, and this is going to be another great match for the European Lightweight Belt.

Anyone else interested in fighting in the show should contact Trev @ 07708819347 from the north or 0044 77 08819347 from south.
    or Email trevmcg@hotmail.co.uk We have fighters in most Classes from C up to Pro A at all Weight categories.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Judomad

when is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Trev UOC

Sat 4th April in Omagh Co.Tyrone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 johnjoemurray

not to be insulting to any of the fighters they are all quality but a european title for a lad from dublin against a lad from newry would it not be better and more legit as an irish title,has chris gallagher not been on a bad run to get a european title shot,jus feel it might not be the standard that people would expect for a european title fight.best of luck with it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Cowzer probably has some of the best hands in Irish mma if not the best tbh. I'd rather see two Irish lads go for a european title if it's the first time it's been up for grabs, then bring lads over the next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

I'd love to know who you are JohnJoe, you don't miss much

• Advertisement

not to be insulting to any of the fighters they are all quality but a european title for a lad from dublin against a lad from newry would it not be better and more legit as an irish title,has chris gallagher not been on a bad run to get a european title shot,jus feel it might not be the standard that people would expect for a european title fight.best of luck with it though

THE BEST hands in Ireland(not possibly the best) vs the undefeated Rooney.......

any complaints about this bout anybody??? as regards not being up to standard, ANYBODY who knows Irish MMA will know this will be a war of a fight, take it your a fan of Chris Gallagher?? personally never heard of him, but i know who Paul Cowzer and Damian Rooney are!

EDIT....ok i just looked up Chris Gallagher on MMAUNIVERSE http://www.mmauniverse.com/fighters/SS38710 and how could you justify putting a lad with one semi pro fight which is a loss in a fight for a Pro European title fight..
    MODS: i'm not fighter bashing as i dont know the lad and am simply questioning Johnjoe's post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 johnjoemurray

dont get me wrong i know the quality of fighters is in no way questionable for cowzer and rooney, two talented guys and tough as nails jus think it makes the sport look bad when a lad that has only fought semi pro and is on a two fight loosing streek fights for a european title jus sounds like hypin up a show wit made up titles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

dont get me wrong i know the quality of fighters is in no way questionable for cowzer and rooney, two talented guys and tough as nails jus think it makes the sport look bad when a lad that has only fought semi pro and is on a two fight loosing streek fights for a european title jus sounds like hypin up a show wit made up titles
    I wouldn't get hung up on it, ultimately all mma titles are 'made up titles'. I agree, making up a title and calling it a European championship is a bit silly but its the promotions prerogative what they call their titles. You could make the same argument for having 'Irish Championship' title fights.

Tim
    Undisputed Tribal Warfare Intergalactic Champion :cool:

PS Just out of interest, people say Paul has "the best hands in Ireland", how many of his fights have he won by KO? Not disputing the issue (as I have no idea), just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    Just out of interest, people say Paul has "the best hands in Ireland", how many of his fights have he won by KO? Not disputing the issue (as I have no idea), just curious.

None, i get submitted before that happens!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

cowzerp wrote: »
    None, i get submitted before that happens!!
    lol, fair nuff. I wouldn't worry, we all know submissions are cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

LOL at Cowzerp's comment.

Tim I want to fight you for your title
    ;)

dunkamania wrote: »
    LOL at Cowzerp's comment.

Tim I want to fight you for your title
    ;)

me too............:cool::cool::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Judomad wrote: »

I'd love to see that fight. Is Tim fighting anyone at Tribal Warfare I wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Judomad wrote: »
    Jesus you trying to get a collection of belts before you head to canada?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

this thread has gone way off topic (partialy due to me, sorry Trev)

Please stick to the topic with future posts

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Trev UOC

LOL !!:D:D Great reply cowzerp;)

Ah jeez Dunkamania no harm done lol, everyones intitled to their opinion.

Fighters records on sites such as mma universe are not alway correct, and a defeat is not what it seems if you have seen the fight, I have seen Chris Gallagher fight alot more than once and not only in semi-pro and beat the crap outta people, He was VERY unlucky in his last fight to be beaten after dominating and was caught with a lucky shot from his opponent. Hes one hell of a fighter with the dedication of a fulltime athlete.

Promoters all over Ireland are working extreamly hard to bring the standard of MMA events up with the rest of the world because Irish fighters are the best in the world and just because one has the balls to step up and put a European Belt on the line we get slaged, Im sure UOC will not be the last to have a european title. Im not putting boxing down, its a great sport but has many different Titles from diff organisations MMA is just the same.

I'd love to see that fight. Is Tim fighting anyone at Tribal Warfare I wonder?
    I'm waiting for a decent offer...

Advertisement