Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered eircom phoneline,what isp now?

Options
  • 10-02-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭

As title say who is the best to order from?
    I am a online gamer so low pings are important.From what i have read 3mb package seems to have less problems with latency.Is this correct?
    I dont need any call packages,so whats the cheapest Isp with or without line rental?
    Who's is the most efficient/quickest to connect me? (after my phoneline is in place)

Other info...
    There was a previous line in place.
    I did a line test using neighbours number and it passed.
    Rang eircom and they say my line is capable of 12 meg(seems a weird speed to quote imo)
    I will be on the dundrum exchange.

Any advice would be great please,
    Keith.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

game4it70 wrote: »
    As title say who is the best to order from?
    I am a online gamer so low pings are important.From what i have read 3mb package seems to have less problems with latency.Is this correct?
    I dont need any call packages,so whats the cheapest Isp with or without line rental?
    Who's is the most efficient/quickest to connect me? (after my phoneline is in place)

Other info...
    There was a previous line in place.
    I did a line test using neighbours number and it passed.
    Rang eircom and they say my line is capable of 12 meg(seems a weird speed to quote imo)
    I will be on the dundrum exchange.

Any advice would be great please,
    Keith.

Your neighbors line may not be an accurate representation of your own lines capabilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Keith, to make sure the info is reliable, its best to check each isp website yourself.
    Eircom would probably be quickest at connecting you after ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Keith, to make sure the info is reliable, its best to check each isp website yourself.
    Eircom would probably be quickest at connecting you after ordering.

I have had a look around at different Isp's but i was hoping for some feedback to help me decide:confused:
    Thanks Fuzzy.

Is anybody on the Dundrum exchange?
    How do you find the contention in the evenings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you're going with DSL, check if Smart is available on that exchange. Good speeds, good price, uncontended, unlimited (FUP) and uses ADSL2+, which should be better and more reliable at high speeds, than eircom and the re-sellers, which use ADSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

jor el wrote: »
    If you're going with DSL, check if Smart is available on that exchange. Good speeds, good price, uncontended, unlimited (FUP) and uses ADSL2+, which should be better and more reliable at high speeds, than eircom and the re-sellers, which use ADSL.
    That was the first thing i did but unfortunately there not available.:(
    Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement