Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted 25 Single Guys for Valentines Night

Options
  • 10-02-2009 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

We’re organizing a Valentines night speed dating charity event in the Radisson SAS Hotel Galway and we have 100 female tickets and only 73 male tickets sold so we may need to cancel some girls if the last 25 male tickets (age group 24-39) do not sell before Saturdays event

100% of the ticket proceeds are going to the Milltown Defibrillator Group, Milltown Co Galway who are raising funds to finance the purchase of 15 defibrillators for the Milltown Community. Tickets cost €25 and the remaining 25 male tickets are on sale from The Radisson SAS Hotel in Galway, or by PM-ing me

We do not promise a husband or a wife from the event, but we’ll guarantee a great night out and the speed daters may save lives in Milltown for years to come.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Would you not offer the tickets to the necessary men for free to ensure you don't have to cancel the 27 ladies' tickets who've paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Milltownheart

Thanks for the suggestion and its a good idea in theory but from organising previous events, lads that get free tickets generally dont show up and the girls are left looking at empty seats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

The mere thought of canceling tickets for girls on Valentines night is so ridiculous and cruel that I dont even know where to begin.

And for gods sake, what man is going to turn down a free invitation to a speed dating event. Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

I'm single but look like a back of a bus.

I'll pass.

The mere thought of canceling tickets for girls on Valentines night is so ridiculous and cruel that I dont even know where to begin.

And for gods sake, what man is going to turn down a free invitation to a speed dating event. Jesus.

It's a shocker of a call to have to make alright to a girl on Valentines day so round up a few lads and get into the Radission for those tickets. It's a great night and you wouldnt know when you might need a defibrillator passing through Milltown!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

what man is going to turn down a free invitation to a speed dating event.
    The invitation might be free but the tickets cost €25 each according to the OP:
    Tickets cost €25 and the remaining 25 male tickets are on sale from The Radisson SAS Hotel in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Offer them free on boards.ie - I bet the geeks will still be too afraid to go :D

I'd go to fill numbers but don't think herself would be too impressed and we've plans anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Sounds like a Gerry Ryan dream story to me. Im sure if you ring his show you will get some interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

kmick wrote: »
    Sounds like a Gerry Ryan dream story to me. Im sure if you ring his show you will get some interest?

Or even more local => Galway Bay FM / iRadio??

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I think you'll find Jesus is up for anything. any thing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Or sell them for a tenner then.

Sheesh, even if you walked into a pub in galway the night before (friday) and got the dj to make an annoncement that it's for charity and the tickets are a tenner- poof! they'd be gone. Bar Cuba comes to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

It's a shocker of a call to have to make alright to a girl on Valentines day so round up a few lads and get into the Radission for those tickets. It's a great night and you wouldnt know when you might need a defibrillator passing through Milltown!

So lets get this straight. You are honestly, seriously and geniunly going to refuse girls entrance to a charity event they have paid for ON VALENTINES NIGHT because you are too stupid to give the last tickets away for free or at a knock down price? Sit back and think about that for a second, because it is absolutely ridiculous carry-on and I wouldnt give a penny to a charity that was that harsh.

And then to turn my comment back on me and try to make it another poorly disguised advertisement? You my friend, are a spectacular idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

So lets get this straight. You are honestly, seriously and geniunly going to refuse girls entrance to a charity event they have paid for ON VALENTINES NIGHT because you are too stupid to give the last tickets away for free or at a knock down price? Sit back and think about that for a second, because it is absolutely ridiculous carry-on and I wouldnt give a penny to a charity that was that harsh.

And then to turn my comment back on me and try to make it another poorly disguised advertisement? You my friend, are a spectacular idiot.

Ah go easy on her, she's doing something nice and fun for charity.

OP it sounds like a blast and something I might actually try sometime but I have dinner plans :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You my friend, are a spectacular idiot.
    Infraction for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JsHoliday

Hi,

Is there still tickets left for this?

I'd have to say, being someone who qualifies to attend this, i.e. male, single, 30 that paying €25 (even better to charity!!) to attend this would be the last thing that would I would worry about. Now making a fool out of myself on the other hand..............:)

Fair play to Milltownheart and the organisiers for trying to organise this and I can appricate their dilema about giving away free/cheap tickets - nobody appricates what they get for free and the last thing you would want at an event like this are people who don't want to be there.

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Maybe 12 and a 1/2 of the girls will be lesbians., and 12 and a half bi-curious. Problem solved.

Thanks for all the posts and the few lads that bought tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 JsHoliday

Lesbians eh - I hadn't considered that - well it'll be a little more effot than I thought to get 100 numbers so! I'll let ye know how I get on

..ooOO(What have I done..)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

JsHoliday wrote: »
    Lesbians eh - I hadn't considered that - well it'll be a little more effot than I thought to get 100 numbers so! I'll let ye know how I get on

..ooOO(What have I done..)

Video clips or it didn't happen :cool:

Seriously though, respect to the organisers, raising money for local charities is commendable

• Registered Users Posts: 15,898 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

100 meets at say 3 mins each - gonna be a long night !

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement