Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SGE Blue and White Army

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Can't see SGE leaving Mexico to manage Portsmouth. He would have to be sacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Can't see SGE leaving Mexico to manage Portsmouth. He would have to be sacked.

There is a very good chance of that happening apparantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

He didn't exactly get off to the best start with his Mexico, did he? Remember at the press conference, he said it would be "a challenge", and everyone in the room reacted as if to say "oh my God, he just said we're sh*t".

If they lose tomorrow, I could see him sacked, and then join Pompey.

But other than that, I can't see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have difficulty seeing Sven at a rundown slum like Fratton Park!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

I can't see Sven going to a club that has no money to spend and if he wants to bring in his own players he'll have to sell the likes of glen johnson and nugent and he'll be stuck with the likes of crouch(never rated the guy much).
    As it is i can't see johnson or distin there next season with liverpool calling appearantly. Although if a manager can instill some confidence in the team they might be able to stave off relegation.

• Advertisement

It may not be as mad as it sounds actually. I believe Sven's agent is Pini Zahavi, who is good friends with the club via his connections with the owner and his father (Gaydamak senior, Arcadi, owns Beiter Jerusalem).

Zahavi is also reported to be acting on behalf of a consortium interested in buying the club.

mike65 wrote: »
    I have difficulty seeing Sven at a rundown slum like Fratton Park!

Maybe, but there is less chance of having his house burgled whilst away than there is in a certain other part of the country;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

He obviously spotted Ulrika on Celebrity BB, and wants second helpings.

Kidd arrives, Mexico screw up qualfication against USA and Sven turns up at Portsmouth Harbour railway station with his suitcases in mid August.

It all fits!

• Advertisement

And there was me thinking late summer - he'll be in the office feet on the desk, and a secretary bent over [censored] in time for Man City. Ah tis written in the stars alright. Crouchy scores a brace and Sparky gets sacked!

Roy Keane has just gone from 22/1 to 4/1 after rumours he was seen in portsmouth (Probably on a booze cruise to france).

oh well, as you can't buy Pompey kits in Ireland I should make a few bob selling them outside school gates :D

Another chunk of fate has fallen into place, Peter Storrie has been arrested so Sven can work for another criminal!

Advertisement