Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage advice

Options
  • 10-02-2009 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi

Myself and my brother have received outline planning for two houses on our own land.I spoke with a mortgage adviser from my local bank (permanet tsb0 and he outlined that I would be able to get 200,000 euros on income alone.
    I would like some information on the following.
    If the house would cost 300,000 euros to be built all in for arguments sake,Then I am short 100,000 euros to make up the difference.

Would the ltv criteria come into play here to make up the difference?

If not,whta are my alternatives?

Regards.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Not sure what your asking, the bank have said they will give you 200k based on your earning, this is all you are being offered?

LTV, loan to value criteria? what do you mean?

Are you building 1 or 2 houses? why are you building now, are they for investment or as PPR for you and your brother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 dbeermat93

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

200K is the max the bank are willing to lend you, it wouldn't matter if the house were valued at 500,000 as in the banks view the max you can afford to pay back is based on a 200k mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Banks will usually lend a bit more if the LTV ratio is quite good, e.g. they will be quicker to lend you 200k secured on a €1m asset than 100k on a 100k asset. They still take in your ability to pay it back, as they really don't want to go down the road of having to force an asset sale (and they are having to give 12 months grace to homeowners due to the bailout as well).

Advertisement