Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aggressive & provoking mod

Options
  • 11-02-2009 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭

muffler wrote: »
    One more remark like that and you will be banned from this forum also. Seems as if you are running short of places to post.

I have had just about enough of you and your smart arsed comments. Posting in the conspiracy theories forum would be more appropriate to your line of thought.

I feel Muffler is being very aggressive towards me on the Construction forum. He asked me a direct question on a thread, when I answered it, he ignored my reply. Making the comment "I must be missing something". I edited my previous reply to bold the text for clarification and invited him to PM me.

I feel he has been aggressive and provocitive tonight.

On saturaday I was accused by Muffler of posting in the past, with "malice".
    I feel that remark was quite offensive. No evidence has been offered to substantiate he crude claim.

I would like Muffler to show where I have posted with malice.
    Earlier tonight, He has accused me of being a "smart arse", treated to ban me and jeered that I have fewer places to post.

I find his tone agressive and unworthy of a Moderator.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,108 ✭✭✭✭muffler

In order to assist the SMods here do I have your permission to post the content of the PMs you sent me some time ago together with the content of the PM you sent to 3 forum mods last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

The PM sent last night was a query. This has nothing to do with that PM.

It has nothing to do with your post tonight. I answered your query yet you were delibertly abusive. I feel this was totally uncalled for.

Can you please explain your accusation of "malice" on the Architectural Forum?
    You stated that I posted on the forum with malice yet you refuse to show me the Post.

Can you state the reason for your post tonight on the Construction forum?
    I clarified my opinion. Yet your reply was totally unjustified.

Can you state why your tone was so jeering?

In order to assist the SMods here do I have your permission to post the content of the PMs you sent me some time ago together with the content of the PM you sent to 3 forum mods last night?
    Well? Do I have your permission? A simple yes or no will suffice.

Are you saying your comment tonight have something to do with last nights PM?

Are you stating that tonight you tried to provoke me, so that you could ban me?

Are you admitting provocation?

The PM you refer too is not relevant IMO.

Well? Do I have your permission? A simple yes or no will suffice.
    Answer this and I may be able to answer yours.

• Advertisement

No, its is not relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Links to threads you're referring to are always helpful - it saves us poking around looking for problems when you're more familiar with where you reckon they are.

I've found this thread, which contains the text quoted in the original post. It'd be really helpful if you let me/us know whether this is what you're talking about or whether there are other examples you want to cite.

Personally I'd imagine that PMs sent around or after the time of the posts in the thread that I've linked to would be rather helpful in allowing the smods to have more of an idea of the problem (in the general sense that too much information is typically better than too little) but obviously it's your decision if you decide that they're not helpful or relevant to the case you're making.

Let me know about the threads.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

muffler,
    Forward the PM's to me and I will take a look at the content.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Or you have the option of reporting the PMs if you think there's something untowards in them.

I'm sure if my PM was relevant, one of the 3 Mods would have replied to it. It has nothing to do with anything apart from Mufflers attempt to show a conspiracy. Yet another "playground" tactic. An attempt to excuse his provocation.

I have a number of PM from Muffler which I am happy to forward.

On saturday I was accused in public of posting with malice :-

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055458772&page=6
    In particular Post No. 78, 07/02/2009

I was particularly annoyed at Mufflers refusal to provide evidence of this "malice". I sent PM to Muffler on Saturday, at his instruction - I do hope he will forward a copy of it to you. He did not reply to me.

It should be noted that I have never had a problem with either of the other two Mods. Neither have had a problem with me. Muffler has always been aggressive and now is the time to find out why.

I can submitt a PM from Muffler regarding my 7 day ban in Novermber. It may prove of interest.

I do not post with malice. I will not be bullied by a Mod who purposfully "misinterpits" me, name calls and tries to provoke me.

I do not think Muffler has the characteristics necessary to be a Moderator. He is not neutral or unbiased. He is arrogant and aggressive and seems to enjoy his position.

The public posts listed here and his provocative post No. 78, 07/02/2009,
    and http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055458772&page=6 are on a public forum. My complaint is based on these public posts.

• Advertisement

Why were you banned before Christmas?

Im a wee bit pushed for time today but I will certainly respond to this later in the day and I will forward the PMs to Beruthiel as requested.

In the meantime perhaps RKQ could forward every PM I sent him to one of the Smods especially the PM he referred to in relation to his ban in November.

seamus wrote: »
    Why were you banned before Christmas?
    We had to amend our charter in light of previous shenanigans and we went to the bother of putting up a stickied thread regarding this amendment. RKQ was banned, together with pseudo-tech, for posting in defiance of a mods instructions having previously been warned that they were in breach of the charter amendment.

I will forward all PM's from Muffler, including two recent ones requesting my opinion.

I was banned yesterday afternoon from the Arch Tech forum, for my post on Saturday.

So you'll appreciate it is difficult for me to find the thread I was banned over.

I do what evidence of "malace posts" shown. This public comment needs evidence. This wild and slanderous claim must be addressed. Please show me the public post.

Watch your language RKQ. We're twitchy about any kind of legal language here. Even the slightest sniff that you're annoyed in a legal way and you'll be sitebanned.

Im a wee bit pushed for time today but I will certainly respond to this later in the day and I will forward the PMs to Beruthiel as requested.

Please cc seamus too.

I want to sort things out on the Help desk, as I am tired of Mufflers aggression. Sorry for the language but I am annoyed by Mufflers refusal to substantiate his claim of "posting with malice".

I have been banned twice by Muffler. Note his PM to me, regarding the Nov. ban.
    This was IMO unfair but it has nothing to do with last night's aggression from Muffler.

Is Muffler attempting to try to justify his jeering & aggressive tone by refering to a PM on the 9th feb and the past?

My PM of the 9th was to 3 Mods because I was concerned about the language on a thread.

Is Muffler admitting that he has been trying to ban me for a while? If so, then surely this is agaist some charter.

I'd provided almost 1350 posts. I never had a problem with the other Mods. Why won't Muffler quote a post from me that is of "malice"?
    Simple answer is none exists.

Why does he refuse to show evidence on a public forum?

I have forwarded a number of PM's which Muffler refers too but I still don't see how any are relevant. My PM dated 9th Feb 09 in particular, is not relevant.

RKQ

Muffler is an excellent mod. I for one am very happy with the way he moderates his forum.
    He is quite happy to have you posting in his forum, you add to it.

However, you need to conform a bit more and drop this self belief that you are being "targeted" in some way.
    You are not, it just seems to me that you haven't worked out yet how forums are run here and what we will put up with. Try and relax and not take everything so personally.
    I am saying this to help you.

Muffer is a agressive, jeering Moderator who can not back up his derogatory claim.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055458772&page=6
    Muffler post no. 78 - "Let us be clear here. There was no honesty in any opinion you expressed but there was plenty of malice"

Muffler continues to fail to prove this claim.

I enjoy posting on Boards and have never had a problem with the other Mods or the charter. I have held my tongue at Mufflers smart comments and jeering attitude for the last time.

Originally Posted by muffler
    "One more remark like that and you will be banned from this forum also. Seems as if you are running short of places to post.

I have had just about enough of you and your smart arsed comments. Posting in the conspiracy theories forum would be more appropriate to your line of thought."

His unprovoked attack, last night is inexcussable and unworthy of a Moderator.

I realise you have read the PM's and all the posts, including the Noverber thread on "Architectural Representation", post 150 onwards. This thread is no long availavle on the Arch Tech forum.

I can understand your loyal need to defend a Mod but surely you can not think that Mufflers wild comments (Shown above Post 1) are justified and acceptable?

Will Muffler address my complaint? Muffler stated "There was no honesty in any opinion you expressed but there was plenty of malice."

I have made 1364 post, can Muffler find one that is dishonest or has malice?
    I take personal attacks on a public forum personally.

RKQ wrote: »
    I feel Muffler is being very aggressive towards me on the Construction forum. He asked me a direct question on a thread, when I answered it, he ignored my reply. Making the comment "I must be missing something". I edited my previous reply to bold the text for clarification and invited him to PM me.
    You had to go back and correct your post didnt you? I was merely asking for clarity on a point but you tossed your toys out of the pram, threw a hissy fit and ran to the help desk. You are an adult and you should be able to accept these things. You then proceeded to mockingly invite a PM with this childish comment
    Muffler, I have bolded the relevant text above, to help you.....Feel free to PM me if you continue to have problems.

I feel he has been aggressive and provocitive tonight.
    Now you know how I feel having been the subject of your allegations in the past

On saturaday I was accused by Muffler of posting in the past, with "malice".
    I feel that remark was quite offensive. No evidence has been offered to substantiate he crude claim.

I would like Muffler to show where I have posted with malice.
    I never said you posted malicious comment on the forum but you did by PM. You stated that you were “banned before for expressing an honest opinion” Your so called “honest opinion” was a malicious, spiteful attack on my integrity both as a moderator and as a private individual. There was nothing honest in your so called opinions and you eventually acknowledged this with both a public and private apology.

Now does that answer your question or do I have your permission to post those PMs up here in a public forum and let others decide?

Earlier tonight, He has accused me of being a "smart arse", treated to ban me and jeered that I have fewer places to post.
    No, I said you made "smart arsed " comments which is a totally different matter altogether. yes I did say and will say it again that if you continue being confrontational then I will ban you. No, I did not jeer. I stated facts.

I find his tone agressive and unworthy of a Moderator.
    That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

I enjoy posting on Boards and have never had a problem with the other Mods or the charter.
    So why are you presently banned by smashey from the Arch. Tech. forum?

I can understand your loyal need to defend a Mod
    That speaks volumes of your attitude.

I have no axe to grind with you RKQ other than taking the view that you are paranoid with regards to a certain group. I have said it before and I will say it again that I would rather have you posting in the forum as your are a damned fine contributor. I even came to your defense last night here. Just for the record you know that I have certain ideas for developing and promoting the Arch. Tech. forum and I have included you in any PMs that I have sent out to the regulars looking for opinions/ideas. You can’t surely think that I would consult with or come to your defense if I held any form of contempt or disrespect.

All I would ask of you now is to stop being confrontational, accept moderation if and when it arises and please, please get this false notion out of your head that certain people are out to discredit you.

Its been a long day and I have no wish to continue this debate any further. I have given answers to your questions and I have forwarded all relevant details to the SMods.

• Advertisement

but you tossed your toys out of the pram, threw a hissy fit and ran to the help desk. .

Another example of an adult reply?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...5458772&page=6
    Muffler post no. 78 - "Let us be clear here. There was no honesty in any opinion you expressed but there was plenty of malice"

Can you address the complain herein and the quotes /references above?

Can you post in a mature fashion without jeering comments. Such comments are not worthy of a mod - another example of your childish playground tactics.

You have made statements on two forums about me, as outlined above. Do try to substantiate these outragous claims.

Is it possible for you to address the complaint herein without going back to the past? ( Smods were involved in resolving that issue)

I have addressed your complaints and have answered your questions in my last post should you care to read it.

I have nothing more to add.

You have made statements on two forums about me, as outlined above. Do try to substantiate these outragous claims.

This issue has not been addressed. :eek:

This issue has not been addressed. :eek:
    Oh its been more than addressed in post #21 above or have you not read that post? My answers however do not appear to satisfy the cravings of this crusade you have embarked upon.

As I said I have nothing further to add and I am happy for the Smods to deal with this matter now.

This issue has not been addressed.

It may not have been addressed to your liking RKQ, but it has been addressed.

Crusade?
    What are you implying now?:confused: (Or is this meant to be sarcasm?)

I have read the posts above but I have not seen Muffler offer proof of his "slur" which he posted on a public thread.

Can a mod "infer" anything he wishes without reproach, or any proof and use sarcasm as a tool to put down an individual they are unable to debate with?

Bump this up after receiving infraction from muffler....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055491558&goto=newpost

Oh dear.

I should infract/ban everyone else for breach of the charter except you? You are the "special one" is that right? I cant moderate the forum without the risk of you posting a help desk thread or indeed adding to your now ongoing "the mod is out to get me" paranoid thread.

I moderate the Construction & Planning forum and its sub forums and I wont be deterred from this task with your attempts to discredit me or the other mods and the users who post there. You have launched a vicious and vindictive attack on me in the past and you are intent on continuing on with your paranoid accusations of me bullying you in some way or another and more importantly your ill found allegations of a certain organisation who you believe are out to "get you".

You were asked to post proof of this (which you couldn't obviously) and in order for me to show the people who both deal with this complaint and those who view it that your accusations are in cloud cuckoo land I would ask you once more for your consent for me to post the content of a couple of your PMs here for all to see. I have given my consent for all my PMs to you to be made public. If you have nothing to hide then please allow me to post your PM's here.

You have now become a very disruptive influence to the C & P forum and its sub forums and consequently there is now only one outcome - either you go or I go. I intend staying.

I hate to bring this up in public but I am reliably informed that you and another user here on boards.ie were instrumental in the collapse of a discussion forum associated with the IATGN. You may have achieved your objective there but hey buddy you didn't really think that you were going to do the same here. I honestly and truly thought that you were smarter than that. But then again you hadn't encountered the muffler.

Its all fairly simple really. I am more than happy to step down as moderator of the Construction & Planning forum and its sub forums if you can prove any of the accusations you have made. If you cant prove the said accusations to the Smods here then get TFO. and dont darken the forum again.

Its either you or me bud!

You have now become a very disruptive influence to the C & P forum and its sub forums and consequently there is now only one outcome - either you go or I go. I intend staying.

Please post evidence of my "disruptive influence". I've made over 1400 posts. Do try to substaniate your wild claim.
    I hate to bring this up in public but I am reliably informed that you and another user here on boards.ie were instrumental in the collapse of a discussion forum associated with the IATGN. You may have achieved your objective there but hey buddy you didn't really think that you were going to do the same here. I honestly and truly thought that you were smarter than that. But then again you hadn't encountered the muffler.

Please substantiate this slur. It is totally untrue. I am reliably informed that they refuse to have anything to do with you or the Architectural Tech Forum. It seems they have encounted the Muffler! They find your Ego unhelpful. (They don't refer to you as the Muffler!)

In fact I am on very good terms with a number of them and wish them every success.

I trust I am due an apology from the Muffler for this rubbish?
    Its all fairly simple really. I am more than happy to step down as moderator of the Construction & Planning forum and its sub forums if you can prove any of the accusations you have made. If you cant prove the said accusations to the Smods here then get TFO. and dont darken the forum again.

Its either you or me bud!

I'm not your buddy or "one of your flock". Watch the reference to bad language... its says alot about you. I don't think you have what it takes to be a Mod. This dribble proves it.

Very sad.

Will you now back up your wild claims, with evidence from one of my 1400 public posts?

• Advertisement

Bump this up after receiving infraction from muffler....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055491558&goto=newpost

muffler wrote:
    Encouraging people to flout the planning laws is in breach of the charter and you should take a minute and read it.

That comment speaks for itself and you should read the forum Charter so you know when you're breaking the rules.

Advertisement