Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

planning permission for a garage?

• 11-02-2009 12:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

any advice here will be great..

I want to build a garage (maybe to hold 5 or 6 cars) for private use on a plot of land... is it easier to get planning for this than to build a house?

There isn't a house or garage on the land, just an entrance to the land...

what do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

I got planning permission for a 12 x 12m domestic garage used to store vintage cars & tractors. We applied for permission for a new house at the same time. We had more problems with the house!

The site was quite large - one field about 3.5 acres.

A car store or warehouse in a rural field might be more difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

CamperMan wrote: »
    any advice here will be great..

I want to build a garage (maybe to hold 5 or 6 cars) for private use on a plot of land... is it easier to get planning for this than to build a house?

There isn't a house or garage on the land, just an entrance to the land...

what do you think?
    I have a fair idea what you are alluding to. I would strongly advise you to read the charter.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement